Meatless burgers have come a loooonnng way in the last few years. Vegetarians and vegans, y’all ought to be proud. There was a time, not so long ago, when store-bought soy patties were flimsy AF and homemade recipes left you with a crumbled mess after the first hungry bite. Thanks to the smart use of chickpeas, super grains, and other healthy binders, veggie burgers have been brought to a whole new level of awesome. So, if you haven’t tried one in a while, get ready! We’ve got 14 promising recipes to throw down on that grill.
1. Rainbow Vegetable Burgers: This jaw-dropping vegan burger is *brimming* with veggies and protein. Using chickpeas for binding, the patties are spiced to perfection for a meal that’s as delicious as it is nutritious. (via Wholesome Patisserie)
2. The Amazing Black Bean Burger: Hearty black beans and oats keep these patties together, for a veg burger that won’t crumble at first bite. Packed with umami-rich flavors, these will be your Meatless Monday grillin’ go-to. (via Nourish Atelier)
3. Cream Cheese-Stuffed Spinach Artichoke Dip Burgers With White Sauce: Spinach and artichoke dip fanatics, this burger is calling you. These spinach patties are stuffed with cream cheese and drizzled with a dreamy sauce for dip-like perfection. (via Kristin’s Kitchen)
4. Tofu Bánh Mì Vegan Sliders: Vietnamese-inspired sliders put a fab spin on the bánh mì sandwich as we know it. Instead of pork, crisped tofu is topped with all the fixin’s, from refreshing cucumbers to spicy mayo. (via The Stingy Vegan)
5. Masala Burgers: If this platter doesn’t make you swoon, we give up. Spiced with fragrant and flavorful Indian spices, these glorious burgers are fiery, tangy, and just a little bit messy — how a burger should be! (via Turmeric n’ Spice)
6. Halloumi Burgers: Ever heard of “halloumi?” It’s cheese you can grill; we kid you not. These halloumi and mushroom burgers are coated in sesame, then slathered with a punchy mango chutney for the tastiest ‘wich you’ll eat all summer. (via The Last Food Blog)
7. Grilled Vegan Portobello Burger With Black Bean-Beet Patty: Ruby-hued patties are nestled between two grilled portobello caps for the ultimate low-carb burger option. Smother it with hummus for extra protein. (via Nutriplanet)
8. Black Bean Tempeh Burgers: Thanks to a smart blend of black beans and tempeh, the texture of these burgers is the bomb diggity. With only seven ingredients, you too can mow one of these monsters down in no time. (via Wholesome Soybean)
9. Sun-Dried Tomato Chickpea Burgers and Beer Battered Onion Rings: These robust chickpea patties are big on basil and sun-dried tomato flavor. Serve ’em up with crispy golden onion rings for a total win. (via Domestic Gothess)
10. Chickpea Sliders With French Fries: Forget having fries on the side; this glorious recipe wants you to stuff your burger with ’em. Top the patties with your fave condiments and fall into a state of burgatory. (via Wholesome Patisserie)
11. Freekeh Beet Burgers With Avonaise: These vegan-friendly burgers are AH-mazing. A medley of spices, super grains, and beetroot brings these vivid patties together for a dinner that is healthful and invigorating. (via The Secret Life of Bee)
12. Southwest Black Bean Burger With Sweet Chili Mayo: Crave-worthy Southwest flavors make this burger a guaranteed hit. It’s topped with corn salsa, sweet chili mayo, and creamy avocado for a Meatless Monday must-have. (via Aimee Mars)
13. The Best Veggie Burger: Crunchy yet tender, this tried and true recipe promises veggie-burger satisfaction. It’s made up of meaty mushrooms, beans, nuts, and seeds, and topped with silky sweet potato and avocado. (via Nutrition Refined)
14. Sweet Potato Black Bean Burger With Chili Lime Mayo: Quinoa and sweet potatoes help black beans keep it together in this recipe. Drizzled with chili lime mayo, these GF burgers will be your summertime go-to. (via Isabel Eats)
For more Meatless Monday inspo, follow us on Pinterest!