When we think of meatless ravioli, our minds seem to go straight to a simple cheese-filled pocket. Cheese-filled anything is delicious, but when it comes to stuffing goodies into pasta, we should be more inventive, especially when there are countless seasonal ingredients and flavors to play with, like squash and peas. The possibilities are endless and your comfort food-loving self will thank you. This Meatless Monday, channel your inner culinary creative with these 14 enticing and veggie-filled ravioli recipes.
1. Ravioli and Asparagus in a Lemon Brown Butter Sauce: Monday is the perfect day to dig into healthier eats, especially after having that treat yo’ self mentality all weekend long. Ravioli is indulgent, but when served with crunchy stalks of asparagus and walnuts and tossed in a light butter sauce, no one can judge. (via Kelly’s Ambitious Kitchen)
2. Carrot Ravioli With Spinach-Pecan Filling: These gorgeous homespun pockets of goodness get their vibrant orange hue from carrots, no lie. As if that wasn’t impressive enough, the filling is a sophisticated mix of spinach, bell peppers and crunchy pecans. (via A Bit Wholesomely)
3. Jumbo Butternut Squash Ravioli With Kale Pesto: Jumbo ravioli? YES PLEASE. These fluffy pillows are stuffed with a silky and herbaceous butternut squash filling that will leave you satisfied and smiling. (via Pinch of Yum)
4. Gluten-Free Chestnut Flour Pasta Ravioli With Goat Cheese and Spring Vegetables: We can’t have people missing out on delicious food due to food intolerance, so we’re excited about this GF chestnut flour ravioli. Stuffed with tangy goat cheese, this wholesome meal can be served with whatever veggies you fancy. (via Snixy Kitchen)
5. Raw Beet Ravioli With Almond Thyme Pâté and Basil: It doesn’t get any more innovative than this. If you’re avoiding carbs and love the deep and earthy flavor of beets, this dish has your name written all over it. Thinly sliced raw beets are folded over a nutty and herby blend that will have you craving this dish on the reg. (via Pickles and Honey)
6. Homemade Vegan Ravioli With Pomodoro Sauce: If a simple tomato sauce is more up your alley, this homemade ravioli with tomato basil sauce just might become your Meatless Monday go-to. It’s simple, tasty and can be made in advance for a no-fuss meal. (via Connoisseurus Veg)