If you want to add maximum color to your summer meals while taking advantage of the best in-season produce, look no further than veggie ribbon salads. More substantial than spiralized produce, vegetable ribbons stand up to heartier ingredients and dressings, so you can eat well but still walk away from the table feeling satisfied. And hey, if you’re consuming as much salad as we do in the summer, it’s always nice to have a lettuce-free option so you don’t get bored. Look to one of these 15 veggie ribbon salad recipes to enjoy summer’s culinary delights.
1. Shrimp, Corn, and Zucchini Ribbon Salad: Succulent shrimp is nestled next to ribbons of zucchini in this colorful salad. Then, corn and tomato are added to the mix, along with a flavorful citrus-ginger vinaigrette. (via Simply Fresh Dinners)
5. Zucchini Ribbon Salad With Asparagus and Halloumi: Asparagus and zucchini keep this salad tasting nice and light. Pan-fried halloumi adds protein, and along with olives and lemon, brings a salty, tangy bite. (via A Sweet Muddle)
7. Zucchini Ribbon and Asparagus Salmon Salad: Zucchini ribbons are joined by lettuce, asparagus, and radishes in this salad. Smoked salmon brings the umami, along with a miso vinaigrette. (via Flavour and Savour)
8. Cucumber, Avocado, and Carrot Salad: This refreshing cucumber, carrot, and avocado salad is just as satisfying as noodles. Top it with a ginger and carrot dressing, along with some Sriracha, for a little extra spice. (via Avocado Pesto)
10. Black Rice Rainbow Salad: This dish offers a variety of textural and flavor contrasts that’ll make you want to keep taking another bite. Tender black rice, crunchy carrot noodles, and a creamy mint-almond sauce make it a winner. (via Earth and Oven)
11. Simple Asparagus Salad: Sometimes, the best things in life are the most simple. All it takes is the perfect pairing of asparagus and Parmesan to form the base of this dish, with a splash of lemon, salt, and pepper to finish. (via Pretty Plain Janes)
13. Steak and Blue Cheese Ribbon Salad: Instead of pairing steak with a heavy blue cheese sauce, try adding blue cheese crumbles. Place on top of a colorful salad made from carrot ribbons, radish, and lettuce, and it’s a meal you can feel good about. (via The Good Eats Co)
14. Beet, Zucchini, and Apple Ribbon Salad: Beets have a sweet, earthy taste that’s perfectly contrasted by the tart flavor of green apple in this salad. Pecans add crunch, and a tangy maple vinaigrette rounds out the dish. (via Everyday Healthy Recipes)
15. Zucchini Ribbon Arugula Salad: Shaved Parmesan, peppery arugula, fragrant basil, and a lemony vinaigrette are all it takes to make a meal of zucchini ribbons delicious. (via Inside the Rustic Kitchen)
For more inventive and healthy recipes, follow us on Pinterest.