With the start of summer mere weeks away, it’s no secret that we’ve all got travel on the brain. The gal constantly jet setting off to her next adventure knows all too well the dilemma of finding the *perf* souvenir to commemorate an ah-mazing trip (somehow refrigerator magnets and travel decor never seem to do your vacay justice). This summer, in lieu of the usual trinket, opt for a memento that leaves just as big an impression as your life-changing journey — a travel tattoo. Whether you want a tat that signifies your favorite destination or simply want to show off your wanderlust to the world, scroll through these 13 travel-inspired tattoos and find the ink that perfectly reflects your travel-hungry spirit.
1. Airplane: It’s not about the destination — it’s about the journey. Keep yourself in a travel state of mind with a plane tat that shows you’re always ready to embark on your next big adventure.
2. Climb Every Mountain: The sweet sights of nature call to you! While you’re slaving away at your desk, jonesing for your next excursion, keep your favorite landscape close to remind you where your heart truly lies: the great outdoors.
3. Sailboat: Ready to set sail? Sport your love for the great unknown with a tat that reps your nautical spirit.
4. Tropical: Just because you left the island doesn’t mean the island has to leave you. Keep those chill beach vibes going all year long with a palm tree tattoo coupled with a super chill catch phrase.
5. Landscape: Still dreaming of those breathtaking views? Remember your favorite city vacay forever by inking its stunning skyline on your bod.
6. Maps: You’re the kind of girl that’s going places! Mix and match tats that show your sense of direction in life is oriented toward your passion for travel.
7. Watercolor Skyline: A simple skyline just doesn’t do your memories justice. Give your Parisian travel tat an over-the-top romantic feel with soft watercolors that not only capture the memory, but the mood as well.
8. World Map: The world is your oyster. Get a map tat that shows where you’re going (everywhere!).
9. Boat + Anchor: Two loves come together with this anchor and boat tat. While you love to travel, you never forget the place, or people, you call home. Get a tat that always keeps you grounded (in a good way).
10. Bicycle: You’re not about relaxing vacations — you love rugged, active and adrenaline-pumping trips. Whether you biked your way through Germany or want to commemorate your stint in the Tour de France, get a bike tat that represents the active traveler you are.
11. Up: Adventure is out there! Celebrate a shared wanderlust with your partner in crime with a whimsical tattoo.
12. Compass: North, south, east or west — where you go doesn’t matter, as long as you’re on an adventure. Get a compass tat that shows that, for you, true north is the open road.
13. Passport Stamps: Frequent travelers can agree, there’s just something *so* gratifying about getting new stamps in your passport (think sticker books for adults!). Bear the official mark of where you’ve been with passport stamp tats that are better than any travel pins.
How do you commemorate your wanderlust spirit? Follow us on Pinterest for more colorful + fun tattoo inspo.