Blame it on the arrival of spring and Easter weekend (and these adorable watercolor cake Easter eggs), but we’re currently obsessed with brilliant watercolor prints reminiscent of Monet. So much so that we’re ready to start incorporating the painterly brushstrokes and dreamy pastel hues into our spring wardrobes. Think: an abstract printed dress for date night and floral watercolor pumps that serve double duty for the office (and beyond). Don’t delay! Scroll down for 16 beautiful watercolor statement pieces that will take you from spring break to festival season just like that. Pssst: They all come in at $100 or less, so that you can snag ‘em all!
1. ASOS Rain Trench in Abstract Print ($77): Combat April showers in style with this scene-stealing trench coat that’s all sorts of pretty. The blend of pink, blue and purple cotton candy-like hues will almost make you look forward to rainy days.
2. Forever 21 Tiger Mist Floral Print Dress ($99): Say buh-bye to your garden party floral and hello to this watercolor floral dress that’s equal parts flirty and sweet. Proceed to wear it for a spring bridal shower, the Kentucky Derby, date night with bae — you name it.
3. Bindya Pop Brush Stroke Scarf ($70): Lend a splash of color to your work wardrobe with this brush stroke scarf that will make you stand out for all the right reasons. Knot it around your neck for a chic accent, or let it hang loose over a denim shirt dress for a daytime casual look.
4. Banana Republic Dillon-Fit Watercolor Floral Shirt ($88): Swap out your white dress shirt for this romantic watercolor floral blouse that can be styled alongside anything from a denim button-front skirt to tailored trousers for a look that always reads laid-back chic. *Adds to spring capsule wardrobe.*
5. VARCITYY Suede Pointed Toe Pumps ($90): Add some pep to your step (literally!) with these punchy watercolor pumps that will make your nine-to-five commute infinitely more stylish. Whether you pair ‘em with an LBD or a streamlined pencil skirt, you can’t go wrong.
6. Lou & Grey Watercolor Stripe Dress ($98): Enter the watercolor striped maxi with nautical vibes that’ll make you want to skip spring, and jump right into summer. Just add your favorite metallic Birks (and a denim jacket) to the mix for a Coachella-bound look with major resort appeal.
7. ASOS Water Color Floral Border Print Blouse ($61): ICYMI: Dressing like you’re in a fairy tale is actually a thing these days. This enchanting watercolor floral blouse is practically begging to be paired with an A-line mini skirt and Chelsea boots for an outdoor tea party.
8. Adelyn Rae Print Woven Fit and Flare Dress ($98): Show off your playful side with this attention-grabbing watercolor dress that’s definitely worth a twirl (or two). Everything from the fit and flare silhouette to the abbreviated hemline and well-placed cutout on the back make this the ultimate party dress.
9. Nasty Gal Stance Soiree Over-the-Knee Socks ($22): Lend a tough-girl ‘tude to any getup with these far out OTK socks that would best be paired with combat boots and denim cutoffs come festival season. We’re so down.
10. & Other Stories Herbarium Print T-Shirt ($39): Consider this punk-inspired floral top to be an avant-garde version of your everyday white t-shirt. Dare to be different by styling it with anything from a leather skirt to an army jacket and distressed jeans for an off-duty look.
11. Forever 21 Watercolor Stripe Print Romper ($23): Get ready to romp around town in this springy watercolor romper with cool abstract stripes. Dress it up with a body chain and strappy wedges, or pare it down with flip flops for a stroll along the boardwalk.
12. Adidas Originals Confete Three-Stripes Leggings ($35): Work up a sweat in these botanical watercolor leggings that deserve to be worn beyond the gym. Complete your athleisure look with an over-sized sweatshirt and some monochromatic sneakers for instant street cred.
13. Boohoo Rose Watercolour Cold Shoulder Maxi Beach Dress ($26): Spring break cannot come soon enough! Solidify your beach bum status with this lounge-worthy, cold-shoulder beach cover-up that will make you look (and feel) like a goddess. Team the watercolor print, consisting of cool blue mermaid tones, with all of your summer whites for max perfection.
14. Urban Outfitters Watercolor Floral Square Scarf ($34): Keep things on the DL with this mesmerizing blue watercolor scarf that can be styled with minimal effort. Simply toss it over a t-shirt dress or a crop top for instant festival flair. Lace-up gladiators and a flower crown are obligatory.
15. Forever 21 Paint It Red Marble Print Skirt ($44): Rest assured that you will stop traffic in this rad watercolor scuba skirt that’s anything but snoozy. Throw in a midriff-baring top and some metallic platform sandals for an upcoming GNO or bachelorette party.
16. Y.A.S. Abstract Pixie Print Short Sleeve Dress ($95): This watercolor drop-waist dress is practically a work of art in itself. The easy-breezy, springtime silhouette calls to mind a picnic in the park or lunch on the veranda. Pair it with lace-up espadrilles and a wide-brimmed floppy hat for endless fun in the sun time.
How will you be wearing watercolor this spring? Follow us on Pinterest for more colorful style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.