There are few things that get our little maker hearts more excited than colorful DIY projects. Our love for color comes in all forms and fashions, from tie dye to stripes to glitter and beyond. We like to think of our homes as maker spaces that are just waiting to be filled with bright hues. Fill our home with neutral walls and simple wall art? Heck no. Get a little artsy with these colorful watercolor creations to fill your home with something bright and beautiful.
3. Watercolor 101: Watercolor pencils are an easy place to begin if you’re new to watercoloring, and the results are just as awesome. Learn the basics of using watercolor pencils and get inspired to create your own little masterpiece. (via Tatertots and Jello)
5. Gilded Watercolor: If you love everything gilded and gold, this watercolor inspiration is everything you could hope for in wall art. Make your own gorgeous piece with this easy project. (via Persia Lou)
6. Watercolor Cards: It’s almost the season of gifts and thank-you notes galore. Send your love with this DIY watercolor card kit. There are so many ways to customize cards using watercolors. Stretch your imagination to make and create something that fits your style. (via Brit + Co)
7. Watercolor Canvas: We are always on the lookout for the latest and greatest way to brighten up our walls. This pastel project isn’t exactly watercolors but has that same soft look that we love from our favorite medium. (via Brit + Co)
8. Stencil Art: An easy stencil project is right up our ally. How adorable would this deer head look hanging in your office or living room? It’s a simple way to add personality to your space. (via PS Heart)
11. Watercolor Quotes: A good inspirational quote is one of our favorite ways to add a bit of joy to any space. In a few short steps, you can create your own quotation art. Fill it with famous quotes, personalize with a name or quote yourself. (via Centsational Girl)
12. Watercolor Photos: Have you ever wished that your favorite photo could be a work of art? The Waterlogue app lets you do just that. Upload your favorite photos and easily turn them into watercolor art. (via Brit + Co)
14. Abstract Wall Art: This wall art looks like our favorite tie-dye t-shirt. A trio of watercolor canvases can be the perfect way to create a statement wall in your home. Get inspired to make your own abstract wall art. (via Beauty and Beard)
15. Watercolor Cookies: Okay, so maybe you can’t hang this watercolor on you wall, but this is too pretty to not include. We love the idea of adding color to your cooking by making edible watercolors. This recipe is perfect for taking your desserts to the next level with a bit of color. (via Momtastic)
Made any cool watercolor art lately? Show it to us in the comments below!