If you haven’t already warmed up to the idea of sporting your luxurious silk PJs beyond the bedroom, then time’s a tickin’ to get with this lazy girl-approved trend. Not just restricted to after-hours, pajama shirts, flowy robes and pretty slips are totally game when it comes to statement-making fall fashion. Now that you know how to transition your slip dress for fall and how to style lingerie outside of the bedroom, we’re back with 14 pajama-inspired styles with IRL potential. Yes, we’re dead serious.
1. Reformation Ellen Top ($168): Understated date-night look? Right this way. Confidence is key when it comes to this silk blouse with a sexy borrowed-from-the-boys fit. Leaving just the right amount to the imagination, it’ll stun with an oversized blazer, denim cutoffs and suede mules.
2. Zara Pajama-Style Jacket ($36): Channel that comfy-cozy feeling all season long with this dreamy salmon pink pajama-inspired jacket that’s no-nonsense in the best possible way. *Praise hands emoji.* With acid-wash skinnies, a crop top and ankle booties in tow, you’ve got one solid #OOTD within reach.
3. J.Crew Collection Drake’s for J.Crew Pajama Top in Midnight Unicorn ($198): An extravagant silk pajama top is exactly what the doctor ordered for fancy dinner parties, Sunday brunch or even a sleepover with your squad. This fantasy unicorn print button-down can not only be worn as a top, but it can double as a chic jacket in disguise — see how it’s effortlessly worn with a striped tee above — for a look that would do Jenna Lyons proud.
4. ASOS Pajama Blouse in Blocked Animal Print ($55): When every other button-down in your closet feels overly predictable, bring your A-game with this next-level animal print blouse that demands attention. Hit up a networking happy hour by styling it with streamlined trousers, power pumps and a slouchy clutch.
5. New Revival Emerald Chiffon Lace Pleated Off the Shoulder Dress ($114): No need to reach for the same ol’ LBD when you have an emerald slip dress with this much around-the-clock appeal. Between the scalloped lace and risqué cold-shoulder style, it’s guaranteed to make an entrance — just add chandelier earrings, ankle-strap steppers and a hands-free velvet sac for a night on the town. A faux fur topper will be required once the temps get nippy.
6. Zara Pajama Style Floral Printed Trousers ($50): This is NOT a drill: You can officially wear floral printed trousers in the boardroom, and HR can’t say a thing. Reach fashion MVP status by styling these floral print trousers with a white V-neck tee and menswear-inspired backless loafers. Top it off with a matchy-matchy blazer or go utilitarian with a tough-girl parka for a uniform that slays.
7. ASOS Lux Pyjama Suit With Piping Detail ($146): Yes, you can sport a pajama suit to the workplace. Don’t let anyone — not even HR — tell you otherwise. Before a case of FOMO sets in, do parade this navy pajama suit for an afternoon of back-to-back meetings alongside some sleek heels, smart specs and a streamlined briefcase.
8. Jaded London Alley Cat Kimono Robe ($98): Who would’ve thought your slinky kimono robe could look this boss for a night on the town or a lazy Sunday? With more swagger than your everyday bomber — check out that panther and rose print design — this velvet kimono robe is anything but blasé. You can toss it over leather pants or slip it on with a bodysuit and high-waisted mom jeans for a head-turning look.
9. Topshop Tall Metallic Pyjama Shirt ($90): Metallics for the daytime? We’re so down. This fancy pajama shirt is way too chic for catching those extra zzzs — it deserves to be seen out on the dance floor alongside some sky-high platforms. The relaxed fit would look best complemented by some streamlined leather joggers or even laid-back-chic boyfriend jeans.
10. ASOS Alter Tall Sleeveless Longline Soft Pyjama Blazer With Contrast Piping ($78): Enough with the stuffy boardroom blazers — this dialed-down longline pajama blazer is where it’s at. It’s carefree enough to team with cropped denim flares and cap-toe slingbacks, and dressy enough to elevate a lace camisole and silk trousers come happy hour.
11. Reformation Jammie Pant ($138): If only you didn’t have to change out of your comfy jammies after treating yo’self to breakfast in bed. But actually. Give new meaning to the phrase off-duty chic with these crimson silk bottoms that call for a fly bomber and sporty kicks for an afternoon spent out and about. We’re not hating it.
12. Mango Printed Robe ($100): TBH, when your robe is this dang fancy, you find a way to rock it beyond the confines of your bedroom walls. Thanks to the gold foil-like florals, this fierce topper can double for a black-tie affair (just throw it over a slinky lace-up bodycon dress) or a low-key weekend spent running errands (flea market flares are your BFF).
13. Pixie Market Navy Pajama Shirt ($49): Get ready to perfect your roll-out-of-bed-and-go routine with this navy pajama shirt that requires zero effort. Seriously, nada! Embrace messy bed head, all the while teaming this bad boy with a denim button-front skirt, lace-up flats and a mini bucket bag for a look that takes you from dawn to dusk. It’s that easy.
14. Free People Kendall Trapeze Slip ($68): So. Much. YAS. You too can snag that coveted model-off-duty look (cough, cough, Kendall Jenner) with some strategic layering. Get ready to dial up the drama with this come-hither slip that calls for a basic white mock-neck sweater and some suede OTK boots. Complete the look with a ‘90s-esque choker and retro sunnies with a don’t-mess-around ‘tude.
Will you be embracing the pajama trend this fall? Follow us on Pinterest for more fall style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.