Wedding emergencies are bound to happen. Imagine: The hem of a bridesmaid’s dress came undone, you need an extra bobby pin for that piece of hair that’s sticking up and you just noticed your perfect bridal manicure is not so perfect anymore. But before you go into panic mode, we’ve put together a list of essential items for you to pack the perfect wedding emergency bag. With bobby pins, tissues and even razors for the guys, you know you’ll be totally prepared. Make sure to keep them at arm’s length so there’s no worrying in those minutes before you tie the knot.
1. NPW Ouch Sweetheart Bandages ($6): This should be the first on your list for obvious reasons. Bandages are super important to have in case of any of any emergencies, from accidental paper cuts to unexpected blisters. Keep them fun like these pink and red heart-printed ones to uplift your spirits if you end up needing them.
2. Ban.do Everyday Bobbi Pins ($12): Bobbi pins are one of those items you always need and can never find. We suggest bringing black and brown so you have some to fit a variety of hair colors, but we couldn’t resist adding these gold ones to the kit too. Too cute!
3. Tieks Ballerina Pink Ballet Flats ($175): Is one of your bridesmaids trying on her stilettos for the first time only to find they’re too small, too big or just too uncomfortable? You’ll want to have a pair of these at hand. Plus, the subtle, sweet and feminine color of these flats is too pretty to pass up.
4. O.P.I. Start to Finish Base Coat, Top Coat & Strengthener 3-in-1 Treatment ($14): Polish chips and stocking runs don’t stand a chance with this item in your bag. Apart from the obvious bridesmaids’ nail emergency, you can even use it to keep loose buttons on suit coats from falling off.
5. Ban.do Girl Bands Hair Elastics ($10): Your hair will most likely be covered in bobbi pins and clear elastics for your wedding ‘do, but these cuties will be super useful to keep your face hair-free while you do your makeup. The best part? These are non-snag and won’t leave a silly dent in your hair.
6. Smooth Trip Unisex Compact Travel Sewing Kit ($8): This mini kit is ideal as the #1 must-have on your wedding emergency kit. It will help you fix clothes, jewelry, headpieces and even shoes. With those mini scissors, you can sew right up to the walk down the aisle.
7. Tweezerman Pink Perfection Mini Slant Tweezer ($14): From stray hairs to splinters, you never know when you’ll need this stylish, ultra-portable version of Tweezerman’s tool. The angle of this tweezer helps with easy plucking and ultimate precision. It’s a must-have addition to your bag.
8. Sweet Talk Assorted Pen Set ($14): This set of very chic pens will not only be super helpful for last-minute reminders and thank you notes, they’re also perfect for secret messages between you and your love while you get ready for your big day. Plus, they come with adorable sayings that will give you all the warm, fuzzy feels.
9. Drybar Lemon Drop Daily Detangler ($16): Along with bobbi pins and hair elastics, a good and lightweight hair brush is a must-have hair tool. This portable detangler helps bring extra shine to life with each stroke and will be more helpful than you can imagine — especially if someone wakes up late and runs out of time to do their ‘do.
10. Ban.do Back Me Up! Mobile Charger ($30): Between all the photo ops and texting your wedding party to make sure everything is going according to plan, your phone’s probably going to take a hit battery-wise. This backup phone charger is so cute, you might even look forward to running out of juice.
11. Ban.do Rain or Shine Umbrella ($28): Don’t let a little drizzle ruin your nuptials (or your hair, obviously). Pack a cute umbrella (or 12) for you and your bridal party to stay dry and looking cute all day long. It might even end up becoming a fun prop during your photoshoot.
12. Dior Addict Lip Glow ($35): There will be lots and lots of photos, and you’ll want to make sure that you and your ladies are looking as good as ever. Add a sheer balm that will look good on any skin tone to enhance your lip color if you need some retouching. Bonus points: This balm will last all day and has SPF to keep your lips protected.
13. Skin Laundry Purifying Makeup Remover Cleansing Cloths ($19): Eyeliner mistakes happen, but you don’t have to let them stick around. An extra-gentle eye makeup remover like this one will be so convenient for when that cat eye did not turn out like you thought it would.
14. Deborah Lippmann Smooth Operator Buffer File ($12): Did you break a nail in the middle of getting ready? Don’t fret just yet. If you add this 4-sides nail file to your kit, you’ll be prepared for any mishap, whether you need to shape, smooth, buff or shine your pretty little nails.
15. Bumble and Bumble Classic Hairspray ($12): Opt for a hairspray that you know you can trust for your special occasion and will hold even the toughest styles. Think: lacquered up ‘dos and curly confections. If you’re hosting your nuptials during the summertime, you might even want to look for humidity-resistant hairsprays to protect your locks from that hot summer frizz.
16. Tarte Not So Slick Oil-Absorbing Blotting Papers ($10): You want your fancy makeup to stay intact, but it doesn’t always cooperate. If you have oily-prone skin, absorb excess oil to keep your skin shine-free with these portable sheets that are ideal for on-the-go touchups!
17. Spritz Chalk ($3): If something gets on your beautiful white gown and it won’t come out (think: spills and would-be stains), grab one of these and mask the stain right away. No one will ever know what happened.
18. Altoids Mints ($1): Though we do hope that everyone brushed their pearly whites right before getting ready, it’s always good to have this nearby. You can also just have a couple right before you head down the aisle for the perfect first kiss.
19. Singer Safety Pins ($2): This is another super obvious one that comes in handy in so many situations, so we needed to make sure you include it in your emergency kit. From a messy hem to a popped button, safety pins are practically lifesavers.
20. Kleenex Tissues ($7): For those happy tears pre-, during and post ceremony, as well as accidental eye pokes with mascara wands, tissues are a must. You can also grab a few on-the-go packages and stash them throughout the reception area so you and your guests are covered.
21. Lola Tampons ($10): Even if you don’t need one, someone else will.
22. Avion Tequila ($4): When all else fails, this will be your ultimate backup for a little courage. Have a couple of airplane bottles of your and your bridal party’s favorite spirit handy. You never know when you will need it.
23. Dollar Shave Club Subscription ($9+): Now, what about your dudes? Guys have “beauty” emergencies too, you know. Make a kit just for them that includes a few of your essentials, as well as extra razors, shave cream and soothing oil, just in case!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.