When you reach a certain point in your life, your summer calendar inevitably fills up with more than just barbecues and pool parties. That’s right — wedding season is upon us, which means it’s time to begin the hunt for the perfect wedding guest outfit. It can be a stressful process on you and your wallet (do you know the average cost of attending a summer wedding? Holy moly). You want to look fab but not outshine the bride and try out the latest trends without committing any fashion faux-pas, and when you have more than a couple of weddings to attend, you need multiple options without blowing your entire paycheck on a wedding guest wardrobe. These 13 staples not only come in at less than $100, but also have wedding guest dress re-wear potential.
1. Lavish Alice Float On Flare Jumpsuit ($98): A jumpsuit is a great alternative to a maxi dress. If straying too far from the wedding dress code norm makes you uncomfortable, the flowy chiffon overlays still give this the illusion of a dress.
2. Topshop Metallic Pleat Trousers ($60): Pants may not be the first thing that come to mind for a wedding, but the metallic pleated fabric and loose fit make this pair totally appropriate. Pair it with a romantic blouse to balance out the masculine feel of trousers.
3. Front Row Shop Pink Suede Mules ($92): It’s time to toss those basic pumps and snag yourself a pair of mules. They’re just as comfortable as wedges, and the block heel means more time on the dance floor and less time trying to dig your heels out of the grass.
4. Lulus All the Sway Convertible Light Grey Maxi Dress ($64): This dress is the ultimate in versatility. The long jersey straps can be tied in countless different ways, giving you a whole new look every time. Plus, the light gray color acts as a blank canvas you can change up with different accessories.
5. Mango Embroidered Crystals Dress ($120): If black is your go-to color but feels too stark for a summer wedding, go with navy blue instead. Crystal embellishments keep this number from looking too casual, and if you throw on a pair of tights and booties, this dress will carry you all the way into fall.
6. Sol Sana Deon Leather Mule ($90): This ice blue sandal is sure to be a favorite in your closet through wedding season and beyond. The cage straps add a little bit of edge, and the slightly padded sole means extra comfort.
7. Zara Patchwork Jumpsuit ($40): Is it a dress? Is it a romper? Turns out it’s both, so you can have the classic look of a floral dress but also the comfort and trendiness of a jumpsuit.
8. & Other Stories Draped Dress ($175): If prints aren’t your thing, choose a solid colored dress with unusual details or silhouettes to keep it interesting. The color on this one is bright and cheery, and the draping is to die for.
9. Topshop RAPPING Ankle-Tie Sandal ($90): Nothing makes a statement like a pair of fiery red heels. Keep the rest of your look simple and let these shoes do all the talking.
10. Zara Printed Culottes ($70): Culottes are huge this summer, and this pair is tailored enough to not look sloppy. Swap the matching top out for a simple white tee and you’ve got yourself your go-to outfit for the rest of the summer.
11. Office Madness Suede Mule Sandal ($58): These understated mules are just as neutral as black or nude, but much more interesting. The mid-height heel and gray color also make it an HR-approved pair of work shoes.
12. COS Asymmetric Jersey Dress ($99): Jersey dresses are usually reserved for the beach rather than a formal affair, but not this one. The emerald green hue and asymmetric hemline dress the whole look up, but it’s still simple enough to wear on the daily.
13. Rachel Antonoff Halter Maxi Dress ($175): Prints, pastels, maxi length — this is wedding guest attire at its best. Add the relaxed fit and low back, and this will also be the ideal dress to slip on for hot summer nights out.
Looking for more wedding guest style inspo? Check out our Pinterest page.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.