Raise your hand if you’re getting *way* too excited about spring-everything. Although the countdown to Easter has been preoccupying our weekend projects (hello, modern DIY Easter decorations!), we can’t get enough of sprucing up our space for the season. Scroll down to check out 10 projects to DIY this weekend and then just try to decide which one to tackle first.
1. DIY Avocado Eggs: Rep your favorite fruit in egg form with this easy, peasy DIY. Carefully cut gumballs in half to make the “pit” then pull out your craft paint to get that guac green color. (via Aww, Sam)
2. DIY Tassel Jeans: You know what would look really good with that foil bunny sweatshirt you made? These tassel jeans. Head to the craft store to stock up on embroidery floss, then try to decide what color combo to go with. Ombre? Rainbow? The possibilities are endless. (via Studio DIY)
3. DIY Unicorn Rug: In our minds, a unicorn rug trumps a cowhide version any day. You’ll want to prep your Netflix queue, ’cause the shag unicorn mane is going to take some time. Luckily, the end result is pure magic. (via Brit + Co)
4. DIY Pom-Pom Planter: Running a little short on crafting time this weekend? If you have half an hour, you can make this bright and beautiful planter. Warm up your hot glue gun and grab a bag of mini pom-poms — this is going to be adorable. (via The Crafted Life)
5. DIY Pool Float Easter Eggs: Easter is still a couple of weeks away, but we’re giving you plenty of time to work on these flamingo, unicorn, and swan pool floats. Forget the messy paint — you only need one material to decorate these eggs — sculpey clay! (via Brit + Co)
6. DIY Wood Block Photo Holders: Before you ship those unused kid’s toys to Goodwill, turn them into cool pieces of decor. Upcycle plain wood blocks into modern, geometric photo holders that look just as nice natural as they do painted bright pink and red. (via Damask Love)
7. DIY Easy Stylish Mobile: Mobiles are not just for the nursery anymore. Bring a little color and movement to your favorite reading nook with a modern take made out of a surprise material. (via Brit + Co)
8. DIY Fabric Lion Bust: Speaking of nursery decor, this cuddly friend is the cutest take on faux taxidermy ever. If lions don’t fit into your nursery theme, you can easily tweak the ears and skip the mane to transform the bust into a bear. (via A Beautiful Mess)
9. DIY Lollipop Piñata: Oh, piñatas aren’t traditional Easter party decor? Let’s change that this year, shall we? Pick up a pre-made circular piñata at your party store, then cover it in swirly candy-stripe goodness. (via Oh Happy Day)
What will you DIY this weekend? Follow us on Pinterest for more crafty inspiration and easy decor projects!