Winter is coming (couldn’t resist) and we couldn’t be more excited, because the next few stops on the 2016 Holiday Tour are going to be positively fantastic. We’ve got our DIY wreaths for Thanksgiving and Christmas, our best #PartyHacks from Instagram and we even have our DVRs queued up to record Freeform’s Christmas marathon. Now all we have to do is wait for the dates on the calendar to hurry up and change.
But family and friends haven’t arrived yet, and we’re all caught up on our Netflix shows, so what is there left to do? DIYs, of course. These fun projects are quick and easy enough to do this weekend before your doorbell starts ringing and you have to change out of your pajamas. Plus, most of these classes start at just $9! Woot!
1. Flower Arranging Online Class: Still looking for the perfect centerpiece to complement your Insta-worthy culinary creations? Look no further. Floral designers Christina Stembel and Rhiannon Smith of Farmgirl Flowers in San Francisco will show you how to (sustainably) source your supplies, prep your flowers, build and wrap your swoon-worthy bouquet and even how to make a quick switch from bouquet to centerpiece (because that’s what you really wanted to know anyway). Get all their awesome tips and tricks when you purchase the class today!
2. Paper Flowers Online Class: Don’t want to use real flowers in your masterpiece? Not to worry! Jessica Pezalla of Bramble Workshop will teach you how to use crepe paper to make peonies and dahlias, and even how to create a paper flower backdrop. No one will know your gorgeous flowers aren’t real! Well, they totally will. But they’ll be mad impressed at your skillz.
3. Color + Pattern for Interior Design Online Class: If you have any friends or relatives coming over whom you seriously want to impress, take our advice and give your living area a makeover. It doesn’t have to be big, either — Jamie Meares of Furbish Studio will show you how something as simple as color combos and mixed patterns can turn your space into something worthy of Pinterest.
4. Nail Art Online Class: If you already have all your holiday outfits picked out but are struggling on the accessories front, Stephanie Stone has got your back. With her experience as a celebrity nail artist (dream job, anyone?!), she will teach you ombre, layering and fun geometric designs. Who knows? Maybe you can open up your own mani/pedi business one day!
5. Modern Scrapbooking Online Class: If you want to preserve your holiday memories with your framily, but don’t want to use a plain old photo album, let Amy Tangerine teach you how to print Instagram photos and layout fun and easy designs for your very own “year in review” mini scrapbook. Adorable!
If you aren’t familiar with how our online classes work, here’s the skinny: Once you buy a class, it’s yours forever. No expiration dates! And if you love a class and want to share it with your friends (they make great Christmas gifts!), we make it super easy to send as a gift.
Show us your finished creations by mentioning @BritandCo on Instagram! Use the hashtag #iamcreative. We’ll regram our favorites!