It’s been over 10 years since The Hills, and the ladies have all continued to be relevant in their own right. Lauren Conrad has an incredible career and Audrina Patridge is a new mom. But it’s been Whitney Port, designer and street-style star, who has really come into her own as as one of the fashion elite.
Case in point — she recently posted a ‘gram of her out and about with a metallic handbag. That’s right, super shiny metallics are back in a big way this fall, and it’s only natural that our girl Whitney would be in on the trend from the get-go. Here’s how to copy her radiant look.
1. Mi-Pac Metallic Backpack ($65): Whether you’re headed back to school or you just love the look of a backpack, try this rose gold version. It’s simple enough to sport during the workweek, but functional enough to take on a long flight.
2. ASOS Metallic Shopper Bag ($36): If totes are totes your thing, try this silver cutie from ASOS. It’s a good neutral metallic, and goes well with both gold and silver jewelry.
3. Hoze Stilla Metallic Bag ($257): Ready to do it up right? Go for this silver cross-body bag for daytime *and* nights out — the shape is perfect for running around, and the color is spot on for date night.
4. Urban Expressions Brooklyn Clutch ($40): Two-for-one alert! This fold-over envelope clutch also has a chain, making it perfect for hands-free activities, whether that’s dancing or pushing a stroller.
5. BCBG Josephina Metallic Fringe Bag ($368): This fringe bag from BCBG would be a great investment piece, partly due to its gold color (it’s a neutral!), and partly due to its roominess (it holds a ton!). It’s an added bonus that you can wear it as a cross-body if you need to.
6. Sole Society Mayanna Bag ($55): For a super fancy night, reach for this glittered box clutch that will hold just the essentials that you’ll need.
7. Halston Heritage Metal Box Clutch ($98): If you can’t decide on which metallic is right for you, go for all three in this shiny cool box clutch.
8. Opening Ceremony Coin Double Clutch ($195): Add a little bit of pizzazz to daytime outfits with this cute-as-can-be coin purse on a strap.
9. Milly Python Embossed Clutch ($120): Python, iridescent and metallic? Yes, please! This sophisticated clutch from Milly will amp up any neutral outfit.
10. Charlotte Russe Metallic Chain Crossbody Bag ($15): Sometimes, simple is best. If you’ve already got a snazzy outfit and are just looking for that last little bit of something, try this plain — yet awesome — bag.
Tag us on Instagram with your favorite metallic bag with #iamcreative!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Feature photo by Matt Winkelmeyer / Getty)