Early mornings can be rough, especially when it comes to prepping healthy meals for breakfast. Though it may be tempting to fall into the trap of reaching for a healthy breakfast that tastes like dessert, you should be careful to not let an early morning sweet treat lead to worse choices throughout the day. As everyone knows, a healthy breakfast is the most important meal of the day. But, as we all know, a lot of people skip the early meal or opt for something quick that’s not always the best tasting or healthiest. This can put a real damper on your health goals and even your energy throughout the day. To keep you on track, here are 10 easy and healthy Whole30 breakfast recipes that are sure to start your mornings off on the right foot.
1. Sweet Potato Bacon Kale Hash: Nothing says a power breakfast like a delicious hearty hash. This easy recipe is perfect for those time crunched mornings. Pro tip: Add an egg for extra protein. (via Paleo Running Momma)
2. Zucchini Noodle Breakfast Bowl: Don’t skip out on veggies first thing in the morning! This zucchini noodle bowl is the perfect way to get a healthy breakfast that’s bursting with flavor. It’s light and healthy and will most likely become your new fave meal for any time of the day. (via The Almond Eater)
3. 3-Ingredient Breakfast Skillet: No need to add any extra spices to this dish; it’s all packed in already. This hash is a quick breakfast option because it only requires three ingredients to make. Made with ground turkey, salsa and eggs, it will be sure to give you that burst of flavor first thing in the a.m. (via Lexi’s Clean Kitchen)
4. Salmon Frittata: Look forward to your mornings with this scrumptious frittata. Fill your Whole30 cravings first thing in the morning with decadent flavors that you won’t feel sorry about. With hints of dill, capers and lemon, this dish will kickstart your day the right way. (via The Whole Smiths)
5. Grain-Free Muesli: For those special mornings where a little extra boost is necessary, opt for this tasty dish. This recipe is loaded with all sorts of good stuff, like Omega-3 fatty acids and tons of protein, and is completely sugar-free. (via The Natural Nurturer)
6. Breakfast Casserole With Bacon, Sausage, Sweet Potato + Kale: Now here’s a dish that makes it easy to rise and shine! Make this dairy-free casserole ahead of time and warm it up in the morning for a guilt-free dish that you’ll want for breakfast, lunch *and* dinner. (via A Calculated Whisk)
7. Banana Chia Seed Breakfast Custard: This dairy-free breakfast custard will have you rejoicing every morning. A single serving recipe is a healthy breakfast option that you can make the night before and let sit in your fridge until you gobble it up in the morning. (via Meaningful Eats)
8. Breakfast Sweet Potat-“Oats”: Sweet potatoes are delicious in many ways, but are especially good when they’re just as the name says — sweet! Try substituting your traditional oats with these sweet potato oats and you won’t even think twice about it. Pro tip: Add toppings of your choice such as bananas, walnuts and almond butter for amped-up flavor. (via Little Bits Of)
9. Mixed Berry Chia Pudding: Haven’t discovered the magic of chia seeds? Creamy, nutritious and tasty beyond compare, this chia seed pudding will have you starting your days with a delicious blend of berries and coconut for a true powerhouse breakfast. (via The Homemade Haus)
10. Green Shakshuka With Shaved Brussel Sprouts and Spinach: Veggies and eggs?! YES! Try this super tasty dish full of greens and see yourself become a morning person in no time. (via DOWNSHIFTOLOGY)
For even more healthy recipe inspo, make sure to follow us on Pinterest.