Skinny jeans on the beach? Don’t be absurd! As we’re daydreaming about Spring Break—we can’t be the only ones, right?—we’re starting to obsess over what luxe leisurewear to rock on our jetsetting journeys. From wild jute wedges to extra floppy, extra wide brimmed hats, we’re keen on recalling a classier time when Katharine Hepburn’s trousers were the talk of the town as opposed to Miley Cyrus’ serpent tongue. There’s no better way to channel that glam than with the resort ready staple: the wide legged pant. Yep, it’s an instant man repeller, but these vintage-inspired pants (and jumpsuits!) are worth every head turn to look so instantly elegant.
1. Floral Satin Wide Leg Trousers by Boutique ($120): The dilemma of what to wear over your swimsuit on some faraway beach has finally come to an end thanks to these cropped trousers. This dainty pair will effortlessly transition from surf cover up to tropical streetwear.
2. Asos Jumpsuit With Wide Leg ($35): You know the pose, that one you strike when you’re like yeah, I look good? You’ll be doing that a lot in this cool cutout jumpsuit.
3. Bellport Wide-Leg Crops ($98): Don’t be fooled: though it totally looks like a full, flowy A-line skirt, that indeed is a pair of cropped pants. The intricate design makes this pair appear extra luxe, and since the silhouette is so familiar, they’re a great choice for those just jumping into the whole wide legged look.
4. Asos Wide Leg Pants With High Waist ($47): Here’s another way to absolutely ace the wide legged trend. These trousers are cut to a much more relaxed fix—less scary, right?—and the high waist cinches you at your smallest part, really working to elongate the body. Plus, let’s talk about that gorgeous oxblood color.
5. Love Cami Jumpsuit in Large Floral With Wide Leg ($93): Three words: just do it! Whether you’re boardwalk bummin’ (with flip flops and bucket bag) or struttin’ your stuff down big city streets (with mule heels and cropped coat), this statement suit is all that.
6. See by Chloe Cotton Wide Legged Pants ($167): More color, less pattern? Turn to these immaculate mint trousers. Made of a more durable, yet lightweight cotton, these pleated pants hold their structure better than most on this list.
7. AQ AQ Divine Jumpsuit With High Neck and Wide Leg ($89): To your right, a very nice black jumpsuit. To your left, a drop dead gorgeous get up we need to have NOW. Maybe it’s all that modern color blocking from the Golden Globes, but we’re nuts about the two-toned version, especially when worn with a dramatic red lip.
8. Artois Wide Legs ($148): It’s hard to find fault with these expertly tailored trousers, especially since they’re so versatile. Rock ‘em on holiday with a classy crop top, then pair with a silk blouse for your first day back at the office (you’re tan will look so good against that fantastic peacock blue!)
9. Level 99 Lana Linen Trouser ($98): Nothing says leisurewear more than linen anything, so we’re deeming this wide legged pair a resort must-have. Plus, how cozy will they be on the plane ride to paradise?