When summer wedding season rolls around, we happily welcome a touch of informality on the nuptials circuit. Enter the wedge, a form of heel that continues to be a mainstay of fashionable footwear. Don wedges under a flowing maxi dress, rock the flatform as a statement shoe with an almost-so-short-it’s-scandalous cocktail dress or bring out the standby espadrilles for a stylish sundress. However you wear ’em, you’re probably in need of a refresh. Here are a dozen of the newest, hottest, most colorful wedges for all those summer weddings.
1. Carvela Kulprit Wedge Sandals ($210): We’ll kick things off with a classic… with a twist. This sleek black wedge is made a bit more interesting with the addition of a gold belt or purse-style buckle. We dig it.
2. Holly Low Wedge Sandal ($90): For a more subtle look, these nude wedges have just the right amount of pop with that white toe strap.
3. ASOS Hansel Wedges ($76): Whoa nelly! These are totally crazy, but would make for a great reveal at the foot of an unsuspecting maxi.
4. Allegra Sandal ($195): This color blocked pair might be our favorite of the bunch. It’s those punches of color that add a bit of dazzle to what could otherwise be seen as a clunky shoe.
5. Amelia Avery Platform Wedge Sandal ($120): How awesome is the pattern on the bottom of these? Love the idea of pairing this with a solid colored dress.
6. Melissa Patchouli Wedge Pumps ($145): We heart Melissa so hard! This pair of pumps take a cue from heel-maker extraordinaire Christian Louboutin with their crimson sole.
7. ALDO Helonse Strap Wedge Heeled Sandals ($100): Bold, blue and a crazy cool combination of platform and wedge.
8. Springs Wedge Sandal ($60): This classic t-strap Mary Jane remix is one of those shoes that you can wear for almost any occasion in any season.
9. Savannah Wedge Sandal ($168): Tory Burch certainly knows how to do the not-quite-flat. We love the petite cork heel against the deep teal suede material.
10. Red Driving Force Wedges ($76): Rawr! These killer heels definitely make a statement.
11. ASOS JUMBLE Flatforms ($53): Behold the flatform!
12. Splendid Berlin Ankle Strap Wedges ($128): The stacked wooden heel on this shoe is what sets them apart, and that bright coral patent leather strap seals the style deal.
Bonus! Privileged Disco Nights Platform ($115): And finally, a super ridiculous bonus pair for your enjoyment. Bookmark these and wait eagerly for an excuse to buy them ;)
What’s your go-to shoe for outdoor weddings and other events? Talk to us in the comments below.