The holidays are over; the weather is still freezing and it’s time to bust out ALL the warm accessories like chunky knit scarves, hats and a mug of tasty hot chocolate. After all, if you’re going to emerge from your cozy home and your Netflix queue, you’ll want to keep your hands, face and body toasty warm with these adorable projects. Whether you’re enjoying snow day activities or playing around with the idea of a blizzard engagement shoot, here are 17 cozy DIY projects that will provide a little creative therapy and some much-needed fuel for your DIY resolutions.
1. DIY Egg Patterned Scarf: You can never have too many scarves, and now you can make one with a poppin’ egg print. Oh, and fluffy yellow pom-poms. This colorful piece is exactly what you need to take your boring old winter coat to the next level. (via Studio DIY)
2. DIY Crochet Cupcake Hat: Shorter days means more Netflix time, so why not make that time a little more productive and tackle an easy crochet project? Everyone needs a cupcake-inspired hat in their life, so once you nail the pattern you can make one for your whole squad. (via Aww Sam)
3. Online Knitting Class ($39): Not sure how to crochet? Well then, we have just the class for you! Our Knitting 101 class will teach you how to make your very own circle scarf in under an hour. Go for a bold black and white stripe or customize the colors to go with your new cupcake hat.
4. Coconut Milk Hot Cocoa: In the spirit of research, ’tis the season to try *all* the flavors of hot chocolate to see which ones you like best. If you’re feeling like something a little less dairy-heavy, make this tasty coconut milk hot cocoa and top off with coconut whipped cream and coconut chips. (via Brit + Co)
5. DIY Reese Witherspoon Gloves: Reese Witherspoon rocked these same gloves, so obviously we had to copy a pair for our own paws. Best part? It’s all about the iron-on letters for this DIY, so you can whip these babies together in under an hour, then get back out to making snowmen. (via Brit + Co)
6. DIY Pom-Pom Pillow: Your hands aren’t the only thing in need of some warmth. Curl up into hibernation mode with this cozy AF pom-pom pillow. It looks like something from Anthro, but all you need is a little time, a lot of yarn and a pom-pom maker to get the look. (via A Kailo Chic Life)
7. DIY Pearl Studded Sweater: Spruce up an old sweater with an inexpensive strand of pearls for a totally gorg wardrobe update. It’s super easy to put together, and it’s even washable! Winter date night, anyone? (via Brit + Co)
8. DIY No-Sew Scarf With Hidden Pocket: There’s nothing more annoying than wearing a really cute outfit and having nowhere to tuck your phone, which is why you need this scarf in your life. Whip this together with a hidden phone pocket so you can constantly be on your social media game. (via Mom Advice)
9. DIY Pom-Pom Ear Muffs: Making your own pair of ear muffs can be as simple as making a couple of fluffy pom-poms out of your favorite yarn. Check out this tutorial to see how to make a pair for you and a pair for your fur baby. (via Brit + Co)
11. DIY Beanie Update: The easiest projects are the best, and this DIY is all about adding a few key embellishments to your basic knit winter hat. Go chic with the addition of a chain or go costume with a pair of cat ears. (via Brit + Co)
12. DIY Leather Glove Upgrade: Breathe new life into a pair of leather gloves with some fab embellishments. This tutorial has not one, but three ideas for how to dress up a pair of gloves: Think classy bows, mini rosettes and a chic cuff. (via Brit + Co)
13. DIY Felt Hand Warmers: These mini hearts are hands-down the cutest way to keep your digits toasty warm. Fill them up with rice and a sprinkling of lavender, then pop them in the microwave right before you brave the cold. (via Hello Glow)
14. DIY Faux Fur Throw Blanket: After a hectic holiday season, here’s an easy sewing project to get you back in DIY mode. A fur throw is so cozy and just the thing to toss over the couch, bed or your shoulders while you snuggle up with your fave show. (via Gina Michele)
15. DIY Arm Knitting Infinity Scarf: Get your fingers deep into some yarn for one of the trendiest accessories of the season: a big, chunky sweater. Don’t get frustrated if you get tangled up after the first few tries: Once you’ve mastered the technique, you’ll be rolling out scarves in no time. (via Brit + Co)
16. DIY No-Sew Custom Beanies: Bye bye, winter blues; hello, #squad goals. Don’t worry about sewing anything — just grab some iron-on letters to customize these cute winter hats for all your snow-dwelling friends. (via Brit + Co)
17. DIY Chai Tea Candle: A hot drink in hand is practically a requirement when the weather is cold, and so is a brightly burning candle. Cozy up to a mug of “chai tea” with this easy candle-making tutorial. Oh, and don’t forget the whipped cream. (via Brit + Co)
Which DIY are you most looking forward to making? If you’re looking for more creative ways to stay cozy, follow us on Pinterest for even more seasonal inspo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.