The polar vortex is back and we’re scrambling to prepare for a long, cold winter. If you were savvy enough to book a romantic getaway for the boo and you, then the only thing left to decide is what to put in that luggage of yours. We’ve got all the items you need to make a splash on your island getaway.
1. Golden Coconut One-Piece ($210): If you’re craving an outfit that sparkles and shines, try this one-piece by Beach Riot.
2. Palm Tree Sunglasses ($36): These shades are the perfect accessory to have in your beach tote. Nothing says “Pass me the piña colada” more than a pair of palm trees on your sunnies.
3. Paisley Vine Dress, ($128): Fancy and free is the feeling we got when we spotted this dress by Free People. There’s no better way to feel on a tropical getaway.
4. Floral Scuba Backpack ($57): If you are planning on snorkeling, hiking or even taking a tour, then this backpack is the perfect item to store all your excursion needs.
5. Broderie Trim Short ($70): Fringe or scallop edges at the bottom of your shorts, skirts and tops are definitely on-trend for 2015. By purchasing these shorts, you are sure to be ahead of the style game at the beach.
6. Jumpsuit ($40): This spaghetti-strap jumpsuit from Zara is the perfect piece to wear while at dinner or taking a late-night walk on the beach.
7. Daisy Low-Top Sneakers ($185): Low-top sneakers like these from Tory Burch are ideal to have in your suitcase, just in case you decide to explore the island.
9. Floral-Print Dress ($70): Nothing says beach getaway like a floral-print dress. We’re big fans of this stylish dress from Topshop.
10. Madagascar Tote ($130): Need a place to store your iPad, towel and SPF? This woven tote with leather handles is a great place to stash all your essentials.
11. Tie-Dye Dress ($42): Resort season is finally here and according to Vogue, tie-dye is all the rage. Grab this flirty handkerchief dress to cover your bikini after a day at the beach.
12. Quay Frankie Sunglasses ($48): To add some spice to your vacation wardrobe, grab a pair of these pastel pink glasses from ASOS.
13. Aztec Bikini ($55): This sexy bikini hugs your curves in all the right places. With that bold and bright print, we’re totally swooning over it.
14. Donut Pool Float ($25): Maybe you gave up pink, sprinkled donuts for your New Year’s resolution, but who said that you can’t float in one?
15. H&M Leather Sandals ($60): This year’s shoe trend is all about comfort, which means platforms and flatforms. To give the trend a try, pick up a pair of these cute flatform sandals.
16. Whitehaven Beach Pant ($106): Wear these tie-dye pants as a cover-up at the beach or for a stroll through the resort.
17. Cali Short ($74): Need an item that can cover your bikini, but is easy to slip on and off while at the beach? These shorts with an adjustable waist are your answer.
18. Diamond Body Harness ($23): If you are over flash tattoos and looking for jewelry to accessorize your swimwear, then this body harness is perfect.
19. Neoprene Bikini ($43): Take a clue from Lacoste’s SS15 collection and wear this sporty bikini while catching your next wave.
20. Espadrilles ($88): Mara Hoffman, the queen of swimwear, has placed her mixed prints on a pair of espadrilles for a fun twist to a beach staple. Trust us, you need a pair!
Going away somewhere warm and tropical this winter? If so, tell us about your tropical destination in the comments below!