Our winter skincare routines are in full swing — we’re hacking our foundation to hydrate our skin, stepping up our on-the-go drill and updating our midday refresh to keep our complexion dewy regardless of how insanely dry it is indoors. But don’t forget what’s ultimately the most important skincare step, even when it’s snowing outside: sunscreen. That’s right, the skincare essential that can be found in just about every beach bag often falls to the wayside come the first frost, but don’t let it — rays zap your skin no matter the season. Stumped on the non-tropical scented stuff to use? Check out our 12 favorite winter-ready SPFs below.
1. Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 ($50/8.4 oz): Any and all skin types can benefit from this super lightweight formula that simultaneously nourishes skin while providing UVA protection in the form of SPF 30.
2. Coola Face SPF 20 Rose Essence Tint ($36): Give your skin a little coverage and color with this tinted, organic CC Cream. The sheer wash of coverage is just an added benefit to this super moisturizing, SPF 20-carrying formula.
3. Supergoop! Everyday Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 50 ($19+): Even if you’re covered up in a cozy sweater this season, it’s important not to forget the areas of your body still affected by the sun’s rays. This oil-free formula can be used for your face and body, so nowhere will be left unprotected.
4. Drunk Elephant Umbra Sheer Physical Defense SPF 30 ($38): This isn’t just a case of cute packaging — this skin-loving mineral sunscreen does it all. Zinc Oxide protects your epidermis from the sun’s rays, while Marula oil quenches your skin’s thirst.
5. Clinique Super City Block SPF 40 ($24): Protect your skin on the go with this travel-friendly sunscreen, which provides your skin with both SPF 40 and a punch of oil-free hydration.
6. Aveeno Natural Protection Sunscreen Lotion SPF 50 ($11): Sensitive-skinned guys and gals will appreciate this water-resistant formula that provides SPF 50 to your face and body.
7. Josh Rosebrook Nutrient Day Cream SPF 30 ($85): Made with zinc oxide, marshmallow root and dandelions, this day cream is packed full to the brim with skin benefits, not least of which is daily skin protection with the addition of SPF 30.
8. Suntegrity Skincare 5-in-1 Natural Moisturizing Face Sunscreen SPF 30 ($45): This tinted sunscreen is quite the overachiever, providing your skin with treatment, protection and hydration among other things. Basically, it’s a beauty minimalist’s dream product.
9. Tarte BB Tinted Treatment 12-Hour Primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 ($36): With light coverage and SPF 30, this tinted primer can be worn alone or underneath makeup to prep your skin for the day ahead.
10. Peter Thomas Roth Instant Mineral SPF 45 ($30): Wearing sunscreen has never been easier than with this brush-on translucent powder SPF. Simply brush a bit of it over your makeup for a setting powder and sun-protector all in one.
11. Tarte Tarteguard 30 Sunscreen Lotion Broad Spectrum SPF 30 ($32): Protect your skin from UV rays and dryness with this invigorating formula that’s packed with natural skin care benefits.
12. Estée Lauder DayWear Sheer Tint Release Moisturizer SPF 15 ($16): When you’re out running errands but don’t want to wear a full face of makeup, this tinted moisturizer will be your savior. Not only does it provide just a touch of coverage, but it also acts as your daily moisturizer and sunscreen in one. How simple is that?
Which sunscreen do you wear for the colder seasons? Tweet us your faves @BritandCo!