There’s nothing better than a good workout. Your endorphins surge, your stress melts away (at least for a moment) and you feel like a rockstar. However, a bad hairstyle can make it difficult to enjoy your favorite form of exercise. Brushing away the stray hairs in your face during spin class or having to re-do your ponytail while rock climbing is tough. These hairstyles will let you focus more on your downward dogs and less on your downward bangs.
3. Braids for Grown-Out Bangs: Growing out your bangs can be a tricky time to style your hair. With this easy-to-follow tutorial, you can keep your bangs pinned back while running your favorite loop. (via Oh Joy!)
6. “Bad Blood” Braid: Extreme sports require hairstyles that will stay put. Here’s a look that’ll keep you cool, whether you’re starring in a TSwift music video or you’re off to kayak, surf or mountain bike. (via Brit + Co)
8. Curly Hair Braids: Curly-haired ladies, do not fear braids. As this tutorial shows, curly hair is perfect for creating an adorable style that works well under a helmet and stays still while kicking butt at kickboxing. (via ModCloth)
11. French braid into a Ponytail: Combine two classics to create an effortless and effective workout style. Plus this pony-French-braid hybrid is cute enough to wear to brunch after your Sunday morning workout. (via Brit + Co)
12. Half-Up Top Knot: Here’s a top choice for ladies with short hair. Loop your hair in a half-up top knot for a chic and easy look. You’ll never have to worry about pinning back your flyaways. (via Forever 21)
What’s your favorite workout hairstyle? Let us know in the comments!