Between exotic getaways, post-work rooftop happy hours and pool parties galore, you’re going to need an arsenal of breezy staples on standby while you soak up the rest of summer. Sorry not sorry, but unsightly muumuus just aren’t going to cut it. Going hand-in-hand with your rotation of summer getaway shorts and off-the-shoulder dresses, a one-and-done wrap top is the hero piece you’ll be packing for Maui and reaching for once the sun goes down. Did we mention the plethora of styling options? Toss it on over a bikini (hello, beach babe status), layer it over a t-shirt or pair it with a pencil skirt for a slightly more conservative, boardroom-ready look. Scroll down for 13 It girl-approved wrap tops and blouses guaranteed to beat the hot July heat and bring out your inner vixen.
1. Show Me Your Mumu Tika Tie Top ($96): Get ready to hit up the tiki hut in this bright orange Hawaiian print tie top that would look DDG with a white midi skirt, mom jeans or high-waisted bikini bottoms. Sun-kissed skin and a flower crown are a must.
2. Adidas Originals Pharrell Williams Boxy Boyfriend Shirt With Festival Print ($85): Anything with Pharrell’s seal of approval is good in our book. This eclectic boyfriend shirt can be worn buttoned up, but we prefer the ends knotted. Team it with a black bodycon midi dress and retro kicks (or rubber pool slides) for an athleisure look that takes you from festival grounds to the boardwalk.
3. ASOS Obi Band Wrap Blouse ($52): THAT shade of lilac. Skip the plunging necklines and crop-top silhouettes — this conservative wrap blouse with kimono sleeves is anything but blasé. It can be dressed up with chandelier earrings and a dainty necklace for a wedding rehearsal dinner or pared down with white jeans and metallic sandals come the weekend.
4. Free People Happiest Days Wrap Top ($78): ‘70s style peasant blouse with major cool-girl appeal? We’re so down. Usher in the happiest of days with this free-spirited wrap top, complete with crochet detailing, that’s made for festival season — throw in a black fedora and it’s a done deal.
5. Mink Pink By the River Wrap Top ($79): T-minus three days until you can break free from work obligations and slip into this botanical midriff-baring number worthy of a modern-day hula girl. Not only will it serve double-duty as a bikini top while you’re soaking up rays in paradise, but it can be made after-hours ready with a high-low skirt and pom-pom-embellished sandals.
6. The Fifth Label Just for Now Rose Top ($97): Blend in with the crowd? Not this trendsetting number. Take the wrap top trend to the streets with this edgy rose print interpretation that demands attention. Major bonus: The long straps in the front can be styled a million and one ways, meaning you’ll never run out of #OOTD possibilities.
7. Free People Rosey Cheeks Top ($68): For the boho goddess born in the wrong decade, we present you with the vintage-inspired wrap top of your sartorial dreams. Just think how ah-mazing the paisley print will look teamed with a pair of dark wash bell-bottoms, throwback mules and a flea market saddle bag. Sign us up, please.
8. Stelen Wrap Shirt ($88): This just in: Wrap shirts are totally fair game for the office. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. A far cry from your ordinary work shirt, this white button-down conveniently includes a long wrap front that can be cinched at the waist for a polished accent. Complete your laid-back-chic getup with flared cutoffs and ankle booties the next time casual Friday rolls around.
9. Flynn Skye That’s a Wrap Top ($149): Be it an outdoor wedding or an afternoon luncheon, there’s something to be said for a carefree wrap blouse that styles itself. This floral and polka dot crop top featuring a wrap closure can be styled with plain ol’ jeans or elevated with a high-slit maxi and stilettos for a bombshell look.
10. Flynn Skye Lilly Top ($136): Is it just us, or would JoJo Fletcher totally rock this sultry wrap-front-blouse-turned-kimono in disguise? Not only is it a shoo-in for date night, but it’ll look flawless with Daisy Dukes and suede ankle booties for an upcoming bachelorette party.
11. Stone Cold Fox Fate Blouse ($370): While this neck-plunging white tie-front blouse may not be HR-approved, it is worthy of a black tie affair (or two). When styled alongside a pair of silk tuxedo pants or black culottes, it’ll easily put your LBD to shame. Bonus points if you toss on some dangling tassel earrings and embrace a messy top knot.
12. Saul Two Way Wrap Top ($98): Keep cool even on the stickiest of summer days with this two-way burnt orange blouse with a bossy ‘tude. Don’t let the frilly ruffles fool ya — it can be tied in the front or worn as a wrap top if you want a bit more coverage. Either way, a rad choker and menswear-inspired loafers are set to round out your new (and improved) off-duty uniform.
13. Reformation Monika Top ($128): Oh, this old thing? When it comes to slaying around the clock, this ruffled floral stunner checks all the boxes (and then some). Be it a glam-cation with your squad, movie night with bae or dinner al fresco, this wardrobe workhorse will easily pay for itself. Proceed to style it with espadrilles and a hands-free bucket bag for a going-out look that hits the mark every time.
Will you be test driving a wrap top this summer? Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.