When we decided to treasure hunt online for the best wrapping paper, we thought we’d find 10, maybe 15 rolls. Boy, were we wrong! There are so many incredible artists, designers and curators who’ve made it their job to make and find the best papers around, and now we’re here to round our 50 favorites up. Best of all, these wrapping papers are good all year round, from holidays to birthdays to weddings, and everything in between.
1. NormansPrintery Mid-Century Modern Wrapping Paper ($14, set of 12): First up, paper inspired by mid-century modern motifs, patterns and designs. We love the warm colors, squiggly lines and offbeat polka dots. Yes, polka dots can be offbeat.
2. vitamini Jazzy Gift Wrap ($9, set of two): Boxes on a gift box? So meta! We love the bright and peppy print.
3. Inky Co. Amsterdam Kraft ($15): This would make adorable wrapping paper for a pair of bicyclists or for a wedding.
4. e.m.papers Easy Being Green Printable Papers ($5, set of 12): Printable papers? Oh yessss. All you do is download the files and print them time and time again. These are especially great for small gifts.
5. AmyHeitman Floral Bee Gift Wrap ($5+): This whimsical floral pattern is a sweet option for folks who love their flora charming, abundant and buzzin’.
6. NormansPrintery Winter Forest Wrap ($14, set of 12): We love how this paper has a hand-stamped look to it without getting too scrapbooky.
7. Fig. 2 Design Splatter Paint Wrap ($12+): Go for a luxe look with white splatter paint on a metallic gold background. You could also use it as an accent strip on boxes wrapped in brown kraft paper.
8. DIY Cheerful Cherry Wrap: Brighten up someone’s holiday with a gift wrapped up in this pretty little number. It features 3D pom-pom cherries, so there’s no denying how cheery these guys will make your pals feel. (via Love. Luck. Kisses & Cake)
9. Nancy & Betty Studio Robin Christmas Wrapping Paper ($13, set of five): Bird on a wire? Why yes, and on your gifts! :)
10. NormansPrintery Christmas Knit Collection ($14, set of 12): Wait, how awesome is this paper? Like, seriously! It’s on the kitschy side for sure, but might win the wrapping paper award.
11. PaperArrowsStudios Pink Arrow Wrapping Paper Sheet ($4+): You can never go wrong with a geometric triangle pattern (as you’ll see ring true throughout this roundup), and we’re loving this combination of mint and peach.
12. Bespoke Letterpress Double Sided Gift Wrap ($15+): Who knew that double-sided wrapping paper was totally where it’s at? Also, how cool are those neon triangles?
13. Sugar Paper Gold Foil Swirls on Red Wrapping Paper ($6): Step it up from the traditional red and green combo with this red and gold gift wrap. The gold detail adds an extra festive touch friends and family will appreciate.
14. EineKleineDS Garden Delight Wrapping Paper ($6): This would be a fun wrapping paper for gifts for foodies, or to mess with someone who hates their veggies.
15. NormansPrintery Watercolor Polka Dots ($14, set of 12): Who knew polka dots could be ephemeral? These vibrant dots get their texture from watercolor style.
16. Jennifer Wick Handdrawn Herringbone Wrapping Paper ($15, set of five): We’re just gonna call it. This is the perfect wrapping paper for dapper dudes. And yes, that is a category of dudes.
17. Rifle Paper Co. Holiday Wrapping Sheets Reindeer ($9, set of three): Rifle Paper is one of our favorite paper companies, and they don’t disappoint in the wrapping paper department. First up, we’ve got this playful reindeer paper!
18. NormansPrintery Geometric Forest ($14, set of 12): And since we’re in the forest already, let’s keep it going with these geometric triangle trees.
19. Anthropologie Marble Gift Wrap ($14): Marble does it again, but this time as part of Anthropologie’s wrapping paper collection. We love the unique look and different shades of marble in this set.
20. DIY Pom-Pom Wrapping Paper: Inspired by Anthropologie’s felted poms wrapping paper, this DIY version delivers on the adorable factor while saving you a few bucks. If you ever wondered what happens when pom-poms meet wrapping paper… whimsical magic, duh! (via Mon Petit Violon)
21. Inky Co. Mermaid Silver Kraft ($15): So we know this says mermaid in the title, but it would have to be the fanciest red carpet-ready mermaid we’ve ever seen. Because we’ve totally seen mermaids…
22. Rifle Paper Co. Midnight Floral Wrapping Sheets ($9, set of three): More beauty from Rifle Paper here — this time, it’s all about florals in the dark.
23. DIY Paint and Sharpie Trees: Make use of any spare paint you may have by whipping up some snazzy DIY wrapping paper. Using craft paper, paint triangles all over the paper in varying sizes. Once dry, outline the painted triangles with a Sharpie and ta-da! You’re all set. (via Splash of Something)
24. Bonnie Kaye Studio Floweret Kraft Paper Gift Wrap ($15): Here’s some wrapping paper that’ll last you from now until next fall. Yup, this festive pinecone print fits right in with both autumn and winter festivities.
25. RevelAndCo Confetti Triangles Wrapping Paper ($4+): Oh hey, more triangles, we didn’t see you there. Okay actually we totally did, and we love you.
26. Bespoke Letterpress Double-Sided Floral Bouquet Neon Diamonds ($15+): We may have a tendency to make calls on favorite things in roundups before we’ve really absorbed everything, so now we have to take back the Christmas Knit favorite and give it to this double-sided paper. The two papers are so different but magically work together.
27. Modern Matrimony Staggered Arrows Modern Chevron Geometric Pattern Wrapping Paper ($22+): If you’re feeling crafty, you could totally create a DIY version of this with a hand-cut stamp, or maybe even a potato stamp!
28. TheDetroitCardCo Pine and Holly Wrapping Paper ($8): Most holly-based patterns walk the way-too-cheesy line, but this graphic answer to holly is right up our alley. It could even work for non-Christmas presents.
29. DIY Holiday Gift Wrap: No doubt your friends and family will *pine* for this simple chic holiday gift wrap ;) Add a clipping of pine to each of your wrapped gifts to give it that extra festive touch. (via Maritza Lisa)
30. Smock Eastham Gold Wrap ($8): We kind of wish this was a tablecloth and napkin set, but we’ll settle for chic wrapping paper instead.
31. Fig. 2 Designs Heartfetti Wrap ($17+): Heartfetti? Yes, that’s a thing, and now it’s a wrapping paper too.
32. AmyHeitman Duck Duck Goose Gift Wrap ($5+): Duck, duck, duck, duck… Christmas goose!
33. Snow & Graham Gingham Wrap ($7, set of two): For the preppier folks in your life, you can never go wrong with technicolor gingham.
34. LauraDanby Silver Geometric Wrapping Paper ($3): More triangles? Why not?
35. PaperArrowsStudio Grey Mod Wrapping Paper Sheets ($4+): These papers are definitely related to our mid-century modern finds from the top of this list. If you’re feeling the retro vibes, get your mod wrap today!
36. ToodlesNoodles A Whale of a Time ($22, set of three): This whimsical whale pattern is great for all ages.
37. Rifle Paper Co. Happy Stripe Wrapping Sheets ($9, set of three): I feel like we should probably sell this wrapping paper in our shop — it totally includes all of our colors!
38. Inky Co. BB Tessellate Pink ($8): Neon orange, hot pink and gold come together surprisingly stylishly on this glossy paper.
39. Sugar Paper Gold Foil Stars on Blush Wrapping Paper ($6): You thought heartfetti was a weird term? What about starfetti?
40. DIY Eye-Stamped Gift Wrap: Your friends won’t want to take their eyes off their gifts when they’re wrapped in this striking pattern. Though this tutorial calls for a stamp, you can easily draw the eyes using a black marker. (via Burkatron)
41. sparrowandwolfshop Boats Gift Wrap and Tags Set ($9, set of three): The handmade aspect of this paper is what sets it apart for us — we particularly love the teal outlines of each paper boat.
42. The Wedding of My Dreams Chalkboard Christmas Wrapping Paper ($12, set of three): Speaking of hand-drawn, how cool is this seemingly random collection of illustrations on one roll of wrapping paper?
43. EineKleineDS Liaison Wrapping Paper ($6): Wait for it… oh yes, it’s time for more triangles. We don’t know what it is about them — the perfect balance, the ease with which they turn into patterns — they just make for a good paper.
44. Kate Slater Bright Kingfisher Wrapping Paper ($4+): Naturally, we have to put a bird on it. Each sheet comes with two matching kingfisher gift tags, strung with baker’s twine.
45. AmyHeitman Geometric Tile Gift Wrap ($5+): The patterns on these papers remind us of optical illusions we remember from grade school.
46. Heartlocked Coral Blue Diamonds Ikat Pattern Wrapping Paper ($17+): Ikat is still having a moment, and this wrapping paper celebrates this pattern. Mix with other variations of Ikat for eclectic boho vibes.
47. Fig. 2 Designs Confetti Wrap ($12+): Love confetti? Then this gold and neon confetti patterned wrap is the one for you! Make every gift feel like it’s a celebration waiting to be unwrapped with this exciting print.
48. Gingiber Fox Wrapping Paper ($10, set of three): Capture the woodland charm of foxes with this set of three wrapping papers.
49. ruffhouseart Mustache Wrapping Paper ($20, set of eight): Bring back the November mustaches! Or is it just us who love the bearded dudes?
50. Rifle Paper Co. Wildflower Wrapping Sheets ($9, set of three): Finally, the most beautiful (albeit, pretty darn girly) wrapping paper of them all.
What’s the most beautiful wrapping paper you’ve ever seen? Do you buy or DIY your wrapping paper? Follow us on Pinterest for more Christmas inspo and ideas!
Additional reporting by Grace Lee.