Along with constantly correcting your grammar and gabbing about their current literary obsession, writers are notorious for being hard to shop for. Sure, you could always go with the standard novel, from addictive books about twisted love to fashion books that satisfy their sartorial addiction, but, let’s be honest, they’ve probably already read it. For anyone stuck on what to give their resident Hemingway, these 11 gift ideas are sure to blow them away. Just make sure not to misspell anything on their card.
1. Moleskine Large Notebook ($14): What’s the most pinned item for writers? We’ll take a wild guess and say it’s probably Moleskine notebooks. Although they can get a bit pricey, they’re a sweet and useful surprise that they’ll actually use ALL of the time.
2. It’s a Punderful Life by Gemma Correll ($15): With over 50 adorably illustrated puns, this is the ultimate coffee table book for the pun-lover at heart.
3. Human Book Squad Tee ($28): All writers know the key to great writing is avid reading. Let your writer bestie know you aren’t the only one in their squad with this rad graphic tee.
4. Glass Poppies Typography Ampersand Necklace ($24): Handmade in Georgia, this delicate ampersand necklace is elegance at its finest — not to mention, the perfect inexpensive gift for writers and designers.
5. Modcloth Baby Got Book Tote ($20): This tote is a sure win for anyone who considers their weekly workout accomplished by carrying their books to and from the library.
6. El Granero Yellow Olivetti Lettera 35 Typewriter ($385): Let your BFF type like the greats on this beautiful canary yellow typewriter. The price tag may be hefty, but it’s a gift they’ll be writing about for years.
7. The Book of Questions by Gregory Stock, Ph.D. ($9): Writer’s block can take a hike. This handy book of 300 questions has all the writing prompts and conversation starters to last them a long, long while.
8. Out of Print Library Card Mug ($12): Take a trip to the library with every swig of orange pekoe tea out of this quirky library card mug from Out of Print.
9. 642 Tiny Things to Write About by San Francisco Writers’ Grotto ($10): This pocket-sized notebook is perfect for writers on the go. Filled with 642 prompts and space to write about them, it’ll give the writer in your life all they need to perfect their craft on their morning commute.
10. Out of Print 1984 Pouch ($12): Big Brother is watching… you give this awesome present! Inspired by the Paul Bacon dust jacket of Orwell’s most famous dystopic tale, this pouch can be used for everything from makeup to writing utensils.
11. Urbanears Plattan Headphones ($50): Gift your writer friend a little piece of mind with these super comfy on-ear headphones from Urbanears. Not only do they boast 40mm handmade drivers for rich sound, they’re also ultra stylish and completely collapsible.
What’s the best gift you’ve ever received? Tweet us your comments by mentioning @BritandCo.