10 Innovative Kickstarters to Take Your Mind Off the Election
To say it’s been an emotionally stressful week would be an understatement. With Donald Trump now President-Elect of the US, many Hillary supporters are channeling their post-election blues into powerful action. One of the ways they’re striving to be the change is by investing in makers more passionately and more purposefully than ever. So without further ado, here are 10 new innovative products on Kickstarter and Indiegogo that we can’t wait to support this weekend.
1. The SEVENTY2: Although we’ve thought about creating an emergency kit, most of us haven’t actually gotten around to packing one. Luckily, this life-saving survival system features over 30 tools (including duct tape and food bars), along with easy-to-understand instructions to make emergency prep one less thing to stress over.
2. Oola Sportswear: Trying to solve the problem of staying covered while working out, the team behind Oola Sportswear created a line of clothing designed specifically for the modest woman. Even though the garments are made with sports tech fabrics, the outfits aren’t clingy… plus, it doesn’t hurt that they’re cute AF too!
3. The World’s Best Dog Bed by Ralph & Co: Go ahead, spoil your pooch this holiday season. This cooling memory foam mattress repels moisture and dust mites and is definitely on your doggie’s wish list.
4. ORBI Prime: This cool wearable lets anyone create stunning 360-degree videos and images without lifting a finger. With 90 minutes of recording time, built-in WiFi and a water-resistant design, it’s perfect for the gal who’s always off adventuring.
5. Bonjour Smart Alarm Clock: If you’re the kind of person who’s always running late for something, you need to check out this new tech PRONTO. Not only can this smart clock get your schedule from your iCal and program in an alarm, it also checks traffic reports in the morning and wakes you up earlier than scheduled if there’s a major traffic jam. Consider us sold.
6. The Spontaneous Pop Up Display: This high-resolution 24-inch screen pops up whenever you need it. Working like an umbrella, you can easily connect your devices for hassle-free presentations… or movie nights ;)
7. Energysac: Hikers and outdoors-women everywhere will swoon for this smart backpack. Built with a smart GPS tracker, an edge-tech Solar Panel that completely charges an iPhone in two sunny hours and three USB ports, it’s high-tech adventuring at its finest.
8. Boomphones: We love rocking out to our tunes with our besties, but packing around a cumbersome speaker is annoying. With Boomphones, you headphones transform into a speaker with the push of a button… plus, the Boomphones speaker case enhances the sound with two additional speakers, in case your jam sesh needs extra power.
9. Sunda: Named after a flying lemur, this camping-friendly gear is designed to give your back a break. Transforming from a two-person tent to a single occupant hammock, sleeping on the rocky ground is no longer your only option.
10. Square Off: The future is here, folks. Just like something out of Harry Potter, this cool chess board allows you to compete with opponents across the globe while watching their chess pieces move IRL. If you’re feeling lucky, you can even challenge the AI of the board too (don’t worry, the consequences of Wizard Chess do not apply).
Are you currently backing any cool Kickstarters? Tweet us by mentioning @BritandCo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Featured Photo via Ralph & Co)