Growing up, we spent a lot of time at the dinner table poking our vegetables around our plates. Broccoli was a nightmare unless it was smothered in cheese sauce, squash didn’t stand a chance, and Brussels sprouts were a top contender for the garbage can. But oh, how times have changed! Now that we’re older, wiser, and have a taste for all that is nutritious and delicious, Brussels sprouts are one of our fave veggies. Whether you love them on the side, in pastas, or scattered over pizzas, these 10 recipes will have you hankering for them tonight.
1. Creamy Vegan Garlic Pasta With Crispy Brussels Sprouts: The cheesy and garlicky goodness in this cozy pasta dish is brought to a *whole* new level with the brilliant addition of crispy Brussels sprouts. (via This Savory Vegan)
2. Thai-Style Shredded Brussels Sprouts Salad: This nourishing Paleo and Whole30-approved salad is as vibrant in flavor as it is in color with raw Brussels sprouts, cabbage, carrots, edamame, and a Thai-style almond butter dressing that will blow your mind. (via Evolving Table)
3. Rosemary, Brussels Sprouts, and Sausage Pizza: With a total prep and cook time of 13 minutes, this herbaceous recipe brings sausage and Brussels sprouts together onto a crispy pizza for the ultimate weeknight dinner. (via My Little Larder)
4. Bang Bang Brussels Sprouts: If some folks in your family still need convincing when it comes to Brussels sprouts, just coat them in panko bread crumbs, bake them to a glorious crisp, and drizzle them with some punchy Bang Bang sauce. (via Kirbie’s Cravings)
5. Vegetarian Kitchen Sink Tacos With Tempeh: Taco Tuesday just got a little more awesome by cleaning out your crisper to create dynamite tacos filled with hearty tempeh and a nourishing salad made of kale, carrots, and shredded Brussels sprouts. (via Coffee and Crayons)
6. Brussels Sprout Gratin With Bacon: These Brussels sprouts are drenched in a Parmesan and white cheddar cheese sauce before being sprinkled with salty, crispy, and crumbly bacon. (via The Cookie Rookie)
7. Gingered Brussels Sprouts and Shiitake Pot Stickers: Indulging in pot stickers for dinner is a treat, especially when stuffed with a perfect combination of shiitake mushrooms, shredded Brussels sprouts, zesty ginger, and garlic. (via Oh My Veggies)
8. Leftover Roast Chicken Salad: Turn Sunday’s dinner leftovers into Monday night’s meal by tossing your meat and Brussels sprouts with leafy greens for a scrumptious and substantial fix. (via Pop Kitchen)
9. Salmon Grain Bowl With Roasted Vegetables: This filling bowl meal is jam-packed with healthful goodies, from Brussels sprouts to chunks of sweet potato, then topped with an Omega-3 rich fillet of salmon for a complete dinner. (via Our Salty Kitchen)
10. Caramelized Onion Carbonara With Brussels Sprouts and Burrata: This recipe builds on your usual carbonara with the addition of sweet caramelized onions, golden roasted Brussels sprouts, a medley of cheeses, and crispy bacon. (via Yes to Yolks)
For more tasty veg recipes, follow us on Pinterest!