Ah, 2007. A time when texting in T9 to your besties on your Motorola Razr and dressing head-to-toe in American Apparel was the epitome of cool. But even though our fashion and tech tastes may have evolved, we still loving rocking out to our favorite mid-2000 hits (because there’s NEVER a bad time to jam out to Beyoncé). So in a moment of nostalgia, we decided to break out our iPods and make our own retro playlist featuring 10 songs that are turning 10 years old in 2017.
1. “Crank That” by Soulja Boy Tell’em: If you were under the age of 20 in 2007, odds are you and your besties jammed out to this chart-topping tune while doing the choreographed Soulja Boy dance. Remember the superman move? Of course you do, because this song definitely hasn’t aged like we have.
2. “Girlfriend” by Avril Lavigne: With her Sk8ter Boi years behind her, 2007 Avril was all about punk pop anthems and ridiculously catchy singles.
3. “Stranger” by Hilary Duff: After a mega successful first album and a ton of hit movies (including Cheaper by the Dozen and A Cinderella Story), Hilary’s second album also hit it big a decade ago.
4. “Irreplaceable” by Beyoncé: If you’re ever having a bad day, we *always* suggest turning on some old-school Beyoncé. Debuting on her mega successful B-Day album, this girlboss anthem demands to be blared at max volume and sung into a hairbrush.
5. “Do It Well” by Jennifer Lopez: That’s right — way before her American Idol days, J. Lo was topping charts with her iconic mid-2000s album Brave… while still slaying the fashion game, of course.
6. “Apologize” by Timbaland featuring OneRepublic: We’re not going to lie; this heartfelt single never left our iTunes library. Sorry not sorry!
7. “Stronger” by Kanye West: It’s hard to remember a time when Kanye West wasn’t waist deep in Kardashian drama and Twitter wars, but this instant hit is proof that he was still cranking out amazing, mega-popular rhymes even back in the day.
8. “Makes Me Wonder” by Maroon 5: We can’t believe it’s already been 10 years since Maroon 5’s It Won’t Be Soon Before Long album came out. Seriously, is it just us or has Adam Levine not aged in 20 years…?
9. “Everything” by Michael Bublé: Even though most people know Michael Bublé from his fantastic holiday albums, one of his biggest hits to date came out in 2007, just before he started courting his now-wife Luisana Lopilato.
10. “When You Look Me in the Eyes” by The Jonas Brothers: Long before DNCE and a solo Nick Jonas, this heartfelt ballad featuring all three Jo Bros rocked the airwaves.
Did your fave jam from a decade ago make the list? Tweet us by mentioning @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via Theo Wargo/Getty)