Did you have an awesome, relaxing, beachy, summery Memorial Day Weekend? Us too! And now we’re primed and ready to explore summer sweets, treats, and, of course, refreshing summer cocktails! A spritz of this, a sprig of that, and a couple ice cubes is all you need for that perfect tipsy cool-down.
1. Blackberry Mojitos: Mojitos are a summer staple, and a drink that welcomes just about any kind of fruit-based innovation. Try adding a few flower popsicle style ice cubes to this as well! (Recipe and photo: Just Putzing Around the Kitchen)
2. Tequila Sunrise: A drink that doubles as a trend? This ombre tequila sunrise goes perfectly with all of our other tequila-based treats like Margarita Pie, Cinco de Mayo Jello Shots and, of course, Fried Chicken Tacos. (Recipe and photo: The Slow Roasted Italian)
3. Strawberry Basil Sparkler: Another match made in heaven? Strawberries and basil. Add little soda and vodka and serve alongside a grilled strawberry, basil, and mozzarella skewer. Yum! (Recipe and photo: Two Tarts)
4. Grapefruit, Thyme & Gin Sodas: It turns out that gin and thyme are a pretty killer combo. Whip up a batch of spiked soda to go for your next beach outing or picnic. (Recipe and photo: Cocktail Remedy)
5. Raspberry Beer Cocktail: Beer cocktails are always a tough call, but pretty ideal for summer. This is just the right amount of sweet and sour, and combines Corona, vodka, pink lemonade, and raspberries. (Recipe and photo: A Cup of Mai)
6. Fresh Tomato Bloody Mary: Need a little more nutrition with your morning hair-of-the-dog cocktail? This fresh tomato bloody mary is basically gapzacho with vodka, and we love it. (Recipe and photo: Today’s Nest)
7. Pomegranate Seed Ice Cubes: Not a cocktail but an adorably festive addition to just any summer drink, these pomegranate ice cubes are genius! Love the idea of adding a little or basil as well. (Recipe and photo: Two Loves)
9. Rosemary Rhubarb Grapefruit Cocktail: Yep. Gin goes swimmingly with rosemary as well! Add any combination of citrus fruit and you’ve got a solid summer drink. And you can always add berries for garnish! (Recipe and photo: Bowllicking)
10. Jalapeno & Blood Orange Whiskey Cocktail: Kind of insane that jalapeno, blood orange juice and whiskey haven’t partied yet? Garnish with a roasted jalapeno for a little extra heat. (Recipe and photo: Domestic Fits)
11. Key Lime Pie Fizztini: Pinnacle Vodka has decided to make all of our dreams come true with their “Key Lime Whipped” vodka. In fact, they have just about every dessert in whipped vodka form you can imagine. To create the fizz, simply drop a dollop of lime sherbet or sorbet into your martini! (Recipe and photo: Snappy Gourmet)
What are your favorite summer cocktail, drink and punch recipes? Let us know in the comments below or send recipes our way on Twitter. Happy Summer!