We kicked this week off with black eyed peas but now that it’s the second day of 2013, it’s time to get into your post-holiday detox. Whether it’s part of your official resolution list or not, eating healthier is always a good way to start a new year. Here are 12 healthy smoothie recipes you and your healthy resolutions will love.
1. Kale Banana: All this recipe calls for is kale, banana, orange juice, and a granny smith apple. Delicious and healthy as ever. (Recipe and photo: Book Cooker)
2. Butternut Squash: Described as a smoothie that “tastes as if autumn has punched you right in face” this one is packed with flax seeds, porridge oats, coconut milk, almond milk, and, of course, butternut squash! (Recipe and photo: Perks of Being a Foodie)
3. Chocolate Hazelnut Coffee: The genius move in this one? Homemade hazelnut butter! (Recipe and photo: The Healthy Foodie)
4. Spinach Lemongrass: Coconut water, lemongrass tea, and spinach? So good. (Recipe and photo: Kitchen Corners)
5. Avocado Broccoli: Another way to get your green fix and good fats in smoothie form. (Recipe and photo: A Tasty Love Story)
6. Açaí Smoothie: Known in healthy foodie circles as the ultimate superfruit berry, Açaí berries have high levels of antioxidants that protect cells, reduce the effects of aging, and more. Plus they taste almost chocolatey. Yum. (Recipe and photo: Figgy and Sprout)
7. Blueberry Vanilla: Love the purple hue of this one! The trick is using real vanilla extract and agave nectar to get that extra bit of richness. (Recipe and photo: A Splash of Vanilla)
8. Pomegranate Orange: Sort of like our Orange Pom Fizz without the bubbly! (Recipe and photo: Monika Kotus)
9. Banana Almond: Greek yogurt, vanilla almond milk, bananas, and a cinnamon swizzle stick? Done. (Recipe and photo: Home Skillet)
10. Apple Pie: The trick here is all about microwaving the apples beforehand to get a really smooth mix. (Recipe and photo: Texanerin)
11. Blueberry Almond Smoothie Cups: If you want to mix up your smoothies ahead of time, try these cups! All you have to do in the morning is add a little extra liquid and blend. (Recipe and photo: Inspired Edibles)
12. Peanut Butter + Jelly: It tastes like peanut butter and jelly and happens to be vegan. Health win! (Recipe and photo: Brit + Co.)
What are your favorite healthy smoothie recipes? Share them with us in the comments below.