13 Bedroom Trends to Step Up Your Hibernation Game in 2017
Nothing calls for hibernation quite like the dark days of winter, and these 2017 bedroom decor trends will ensure you do your lounging in style. The 13 ideas below play to a variety of styles, so there’s a little something here for everyone. Scroll on and get ready to bring your boudoir to the next level!
1. Patterned Wallpaper: Patterns with pops of color are rearing their pretty faces on bedroom walls far and wide this season. If your boudoir has felt a little drab lately, a gorgeous swath of statement wallpaper will freshen it right up. (via Vintage Revivals)
2. Boho Chic: These compelling textures, soothing plant life and cozy vibes are perfect for lounging after a long day. Opting for a modern chandelier like this one will ensure you have plenty of chic in your boho. (via MyDomaine)
3. Chunky Knits: Winter’s out in full force, which makes this chunky knit trend all the more enticing. Add a throw to your bed for a stylishly comfortable slumber.
4. Gold Details: Gold can never really go out of style, but this season it’s extra fresh. Integrate a few gold accents into your design for some added glam and luxury. (via Frayashop)
5. Mix and Match Textures: Textures of all kinds are cozying up bedrooms this season — and given that faux fur and velvet are both big trends in 2017, that shouldn’t come as a huge surprise. Rugs, blankets, throw pillows and even wall hangings are easy targets for a textural upgrade. (via Vintage Revivals)
6. Grays and Pastels: The soothing color combination of grays and pastels are effective signals for your brain that it’s time to unplug and unwind. But if you fear that it might be a little too chill for your tastes, geometric patterns like these will add more life into the mix.
7. Reclaimed Wood: Integrating reclaimed wood is an awesome way to add more aesthetic warmth to your room, in addition to the special vibes that only elements from nature can contribute. (via Lindsay Marcella)
8. Retro Accents: Side tables, pegged chairs and retro color palettes are easy ways to achieve a hint of nostalgia without making a big ($$$) commitment. (via Mary Mirabal Art)
9. Scandi Style: Please never go anywhere. To maximize this minimalist aesthetic in your bedroom, keep your color palette neutral or monochromatic. Minimize clutter and let as much natural light as possible wash over your comfy-cozy bed. (via My Scandinavian Home)
10. Ultra-Luxe: Lots of folks are giving themselves the royal treatment this year with ultra-luxe looks. And the aforementioned gold accents trend just so happens to be one of the easiest ways to glam up your design. (via Style at Home)
11. Upholstered Headboards: It’s kind of amazing the punctuating power an upholstered headboard can have. And they come in so many different styles, colors and textures, that there’s undoubtedly one begging to enhance your particular look. (via MyDomaine)
12. Velvet Accents: Velvet’s soft and luxurious feel make it a no-fail bedroom addition. Try it out in unexpected colors, like this burnt orange, for a contemporary twist. (via Fantastic Frank)
13. Plants: If you take another look, you might notice that, despite the versatility of these trends, most rooms here have one thing in common: greenery. No matter your aesthetic leanings, adding a plant (or three) is a surefire way to bring more life into the bedroom. (via Aurora James)
Want more ways to cozy up your abode this winter? Follow us on Pinterest!