15 Surprisingly Seasonal Velvet Carryalls to Snag for Spring
Now that a new season is upon us, it is time to consider some bag swag that totes the line between cold weather cute and springtime style. A surprisingly trend-right contender for your needs comes in a traditionally winter-approved material with a distinct seasonal twist. The plush velvet carryall, sac, or clutch looks stylish paired with a glen plaid blazer and Chelsea boots or elevated by a flouncy silk dress. Give your #OOTD the star treatment it deserves with one of these 15 panache-packed velvet bags.
1. WANT Hang It Up Fanny Pack ($36):‘Cuz you need a quilted fanny that says, “Be ready in a jiffy, thanks!”
3. Skinnydip London Velvet Candy Cross Body Bag ($45): Channel your inner Ziggy Stardust with this rock ‘n’ roll-inspired arctic blue mini bag that’s as fierce as it is fabulous. A shimmery sequin slip never hurt either.
4. Rachel Comey Soo Clutch in Salmon Velvet ($195): Girllll, it’s all in the clutch. Between the pretty salmon hue and nifty size (just large enough to fit your afternoon essentials), this pièce de résistance ticks all the boxes.
5. & Other Stories Embroidered Velvet Clutch ($75): Fact: Black tie functions are 100 percent easier to dress for when you’ve got the extravagant beaded box clutch to up the style ante.
6. Studio 33 Floral Embroidery Box Bag ($95): Werk. Suit up for your nine-to-five with this floral embroidered lunch box style bag that’s about to command attention on the streets, in the boardroom, you name it.
7. ASOS Cat Velvet Cross Body Bag ($29): This kitty crossbody bag is a purr-fect 10 in our eyes.
8. Manu Atelier Fernweh Micro Velvet Clutch ($443): The secret to looking SUPER put together without even trying? Two words: Manu Atelier. Their micro-sized Fernweh clutch racks up more points in versatility than any other.
9. Tictail Ava Teva Velvet Bag ($30): Being indecisive is okay when you’ve got a velvet bag with chic add-ons to bring forth some spontaneity. Interchangeable millennial pink strap, we see you.
10. Rebecca Minkoff Velvet Chevron Quilted Love Crossbody ($295): Get your weekend uniform squared away (off-duty sweatshirt, check), starting with this luxe gold velvet convertible clutch that can be dressed up or down.
11. Trademark Hazel Velvet Shopper ($548): We can spot a sartorial exclamation point a mile away. Trust that this navy bow-adorned shoulder bag, complete with gingham accent handles, will accompany you on your next uptown adventure.
12. Topshop Queenie Quilted Velvet Bum Bag ($40): As a testament to the ’80s and your offbeat style sensibilities, allow this stylin’ bum bag to kick your tracksuits and trainers up a notch or so.
13. Free People Lovestruck Velvet Crossbody ($68): Cupid’s holiday may be over, but that’s not stopping us from playing matchmaker with the shape du jour of the season. Swipe right if you agree.
14. Loeffler Randall Tab Clutch ($295): Team this pretty sequin-embellished clutch with a leather moto jacket and a flowy Grecian gown for a red carpet-worthy entrance.
15. STAUD Grace Crushed-Velvet Tote ($250): STAUD, we meet again. But this time, we’re ogling their — soon to reach cult-fave status too — baby pink Grace evening tote. Spring bridal shower florals, where you at?
Which of these crushed velvet carryalls will you be snatching up for spring? Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.