15 Surprisingly Seasonal Velvet Carryalls to Snag for Spring
Now that a new season is upon us, it is time to consider some bag swag that totes the line between cold weather cute and springtime style. A surprisingly trend-right contender for your needs comes in a traditionally winter-approved material with a distinct seasonal twist. The plush velvet carryall, sac, or clutch looks stylish paired with a glen plaid blazer and Chelsea boots or elevated by a flouncy silk dress. Give your #OOTD the star treatment it deserves with one of these 15 panache-packed velvet bags.
3. Skinnydip London Velvet Candy Cross Body Bag ($45): Channel your inner Ziggy Stardust with this rock ‘n’ roll-inspired arctic blue mini bag that’s as fierce as it is fabulous. A shimmery sequin slip never hurt either.
5. & Other Stories Embroidered Velvet Clutch ($75): Fact: Black tie functions are 100 percent easier to dress for when you’ve got the extravagant beaded box clutch to up the style ante.
6. Studio 33 Floral Embroidery Box Bag ($95): Werk. Suit up for your nine-to-five with this floral embroidered lunch box style bag that’s about to command attention on the streets, in the boardroom, you name it.
8. Manu Atelier Fernweh Micro Velvet Clutch ($443): The secret to looking SUPER put together without even trying? Two words: Manu Atelier. Their micro-sized Fernweh clutch racks up more points in versatility than any other.
9. Tictail Ava Teva Velvet Bag ($30): Being indecisive is okay when you’ve got a velvet bag with chic add-ons to bring forth some spontaneity. Interchangeable millennial pink strap, we see you.
10. Rebecca Minkoff Velvet Chevron Quilted Love Crossbody ($295): Get your weekend uniform squared away (off-duty sweatshirt, check), starting with this luxe gold velvet convertible clutch that can be dressed up or down.
11. Trademark Hazel Velvet Shopper ($548): We can spot a sartorial exclamation point a mile away. Trust that this navy bow-adorned shoulder bag, complete with gingham accent handles, will accompany you on your next uptown adventure.
12. Topshop Queenie Quilted Velvet Bum Bag ($40): As a testament to the ’80s and your offbeat style sensibilities, allow this stylin’ bum bag to kick your tracksuits and trainers up a notch or so.
13. Free People Lovestruck Velvet Crossbody ($68): Cupid’s holiday may be over, but that’s not stopping us from playing matchmaker with the shape du jour of the season. Swipe right if you agree.