None of this lazy Sunday business now. We know it’s tempting to reach for your arsenal of retired Juicy tracksuits and sweats, but here’s our advice: DON’T. It’s time to flip the classic jeans + sneakers + hoodie uniform upside down by adding a whole element of style know-how to the mix. Throw in a leather moto jacket, some furry Birkenstock slides, or a glen plaid blazer and you’ll be ready to hit the ground running. Keep scrolling for 16 gym-to-street sweatshirts that are about to work their sartorial magic this season.
1. Wilt Raw Ruffle Sweatshirt ($158): Gettin’ witchy with it! In the spirit of Halloween, why not add some intentional frills to your spooky getup?
2. Rebecca Taylor Lace Inset Sweatshirt ($295): Between the lace inserts and puffed sleeves, this femme heather gray pullover is the piece de resistance of the season.
3. Mango Metallic Appliqués Sweatshirt ($60): This is exactly how we want to roll out in the morning — please and thanks. The metallic appliqués are not even a pinch “too much” in our playbook.
4. Alexa Chung Lonely Hearts Club Badge Flock Sweatshirt ($270): Lonely no more! Glean inspo from the OG of street style herself by pairing this normcore pullover with a denim button-front mini and Chelsea boots.
5. Collina Strada Sweatshirt Grommeted in NUDE 2017 ($200): Send nudes! JK. Instead, embrace a do less ‘tude with this flesh tone sweatshirt featuring a relaxed fit and an edgy grommet detail.
6. Madewell Funnelneck Tie-Sleeve Sweatshirt ($75): We look to Madewell, the purveyors of artful-cool-effortless denim, for an off-duty hoodie (dem drawstring sleeves!) that you’ll reach for beyond the weekend.
7. H&M Color-Block Sweatshirt ($50): No. Bad. Days. Introducing the mood-enhancing color-block sweatshirt you low-key needed in your life yesterday.
8. Zara Hooded Sweatshirt ($26): Teamed with a frothy tulle skirt and XL chandelier earrings, this underground velvet burgundy sweatshirt could even double for a black tie function.
9. Topshop Petite Corset Sweatshirt ($65): It’s all in the details. You need not be a rebel without a cause to rock this corset sweatshirt to the boardroom with a pencil skirt in tow (HR can have a field day all they want).
10. Superdry Mesh Crop Hoodie ($45): Superdry’s done perfected the quintessential ’90s-inspired mesh hoodie for all your activewear adventures.
11. Scotch & Soda Boxy Hoodie ($125): It’s called athluxury 2.0 for a reason, people! Peep this boxy short-sleeve hoodie that’ll transition from the gym to dranks with a quick shoe swap (Nike kicks meet Gucci mules).
12. Re/Done The Hoodie ($250): You see minimalist black hoodie, we see cool-girl layering piece with no shortage of FROW-ready potential. Just add black spandex leggings and a pair of Le Spec’s slim cat-eye frames for Gigi-level slayage.
13. Opening Ceremony Re-Editions Striped Rugby ($95): Count on this pink and orange striped hoodie representing on the streets with a swishy accordion pleat skirt and some fuzzy ankle strap steppers leading the pack.
14. Ganni Lott Isoli Embroidered Cotton-Jersey Hooded Top ($160): Your rotation of going-out essentials is about to be lit. It girl label Ganni gets it right with an unassuming sweatshirt that will be nearly invincible with a patent mini and trainers.
15. Free People Crop It Color It Hoodie ($98): Ditch the stuffy button-downs for this cropped color-block hoodie that’ll look BOSS styled with a boyfriend blazer and old-school Vans.
16. Wilfred Free Ambrosio Hoodie ($85): We’d be lying if we didn’t scoop up this vintage-inspired fleece hoodie solely for its millennial pink hue. That and the cropped silo, which just so happens to look baller with a boyfriend fit denim jacket and track pants.
Which of these sweatshirts will you be rocking this fall? Follow us on Pinterest for more fall style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.