16 Upgraded Sweatshirts That Are Surprisingly Stylish
None of this lazy Sunday business now. We know it’s tempting to reach for your arsenal of retired Juicy tracksuits and sweats, but here’s our advice: DON’T. It’s time to flip the classic jeans + sneakers + hoodie uniform upside down by adding a whole element of style know-how to the mix. Throw in a leather moto jacket, some furry Birkenstock slides, or a glen plaid blazer and you’ll be ready to hit the ground running. Keep scrolling for 16 gym-to-street sweatshirts that are about to work their sartorial magic this season.
1. Wilt Raw Ruffle Sweatshirt ($158): Gettin’ witchy with it! In the spirit of Halloween, why not add some intentional frills to your spooky getup?
2. Rebecca Taylor Lace Inset Sweatshirt ($295): Between the lace inserts and puffed sleeves, this femme heather gray pullover is the piece de resistance of the season.
4. Alexa Chung Lonely Hearts Club Badge Flock Sweatshirt ($270): Lonely no more! Glean inspo from the OG of street style herself by pairing this normcore pullover with a denim button-front mini and Chelsea boots.
6. Madewell Funnelneck Tie-Sleeve Sweatshirt ($75): We look to Madewell, the purveyors of artful-cool-effortless denim, for an off-duty hoodie (dem drawstring sleeves!) that you’ll reach for beyond the weekend.
8. Zara Hooded Sweatshirt ($26): Teamed with a frothy tulle skirt and XL chandelier earrings, this underground velvet burgundy sweatshirt could even double for a black tie function.
9. Topshop Petite Corset Sweatshirt ($65): It’s all in the details. You need not be a rebel without a cause to rock this corset sweatshirt to the boardroom with a pencil skirt in tow (HR can have a field day all they want).
10. Superdry Mesh Crop Hoodie ($45): Superdry’s done perfected the quintessential ’90s-inspired mesh hoodie for all your activewear adventures.
11. Scotch & Soda Boxy Hoodie ($125): It’s called athluxury 2.0 for a reason, people! Peep this boxy short-sleeve hoodie that’ll transition from the gym to dranks with a quick shoe swap (Nike kicks meet Gucci mules).
12. Re/Done The Hoodie ($250): You see minimalist black hoodie, we see cool-girl layering piece with no shortage of FROW-ready potential. Just add black spandex leggings and a pair of Le Spec’s slim cat-eye frames for Gigi-level slayage.
13. Opening Ceremony Re-Editions Striped Rugby ($95): Count on this pink and orange striped hoodie representing on the streets with a swishy accordion pleat skirt and some fuzzy ankle strap steppers leading the pack.
15. Free People Crop It Color It Hoodie ($98): Ditch the stuffy button-downs for this cropped color-block hoodie that’ll look BOSS styled with a boyfriend blazer and old-school Vans.
16. Wilfred Free Ambrosio Hoodie ($85): We’d be lying if we didn’t scoop up this vintage-inspired fleece hoodie solely for its millennial pink hue. That and the cropped silo, which just so happens to look baller with a boyfriend fit denim jacket and track pants.