18 Last-Minute Luxe Experience Holiday Gifts for Everyone on Your List
With every day that gets crossed off our advent calendar, we get closer to the holidays. If you’re still unsure as to what to get your BFF, S.O., Mom or Dad, check out these one-of-a-kind gifts offered by IfOnly, a marketplace for incredible experiences. Thanks to IfOnly, we’ve managed to find the *best* last-minute holiday gifts for everyone on your list. Coffee lovers can learn to whip up their own espresso, and yoga lovers can escape the bustle of city life through a private rooftop yoga session. No matter what your friends and family are into, they’ll be sure to remember these *awesome* experiences for years to come!
1. Lake Tahoe Helicopter Tour ($250): Take your adrenaline junkie up high with an epic helicopter tour. If they’ve ever wanted to see one of the most photographed locations in North America, now’s your chance to take ’em. The full tour includes *breathtaking* views of Lake Tahoe, Emerald Bay, Fallen Leaf Lake and Mount Tallac.
2. Big Sur and Point Lobos Photography Workshop ($349): This one-of-a-kind photography lesson combines the best of work and play, covering topics like landscape composition, macro photography, post processing, expanded dynamic range, creating panoramas, advanced lighting, slow shutter techniques, polarizers, filters and more. Not only will they get to enhance their photography skills, but they’ll also get to walk away with stunning shots of the California coast.
3. An Education in Espresso With the Coffee Director at Jane Cafe ($200): He’s had his share of good coffee, but not like this! By stepping into Jane Cafe, your coffee lover will learn the craft of making the perfect espresso with an in-depth look into milk science, the nuanced techniques of steaming milk and latte art.
4. Private Floral Design Class With Celebrity Florist and Bestselling Author ($600): If your gal pal has a thing for floral arrangements, then she’ll definitely love this gift idea. In this comprehensive class taught by celebrity florist Carly Cylinder, your friend will learn the fundamentals of floral design, including a range of techniques she can use with any style from rustic to modern.
5. 75 Minute Private Rooftop Yoga Class Led by One of SF’s Most Beloved Instructors ($150): Treat the yoga lover in your life to an exclusive rooftop yoga class taught by yoga and meditation expert Erin Gilmore. In this private yoga session, your friend will find their center while overlooking the SF skyline, eventually heading back out into the world refreshed and rejuvenated.
6. Private Styling Session and Studio Tour ($1,000): Treat the style-obsessed gal pal in your life to a private style session with the design duo behind luxe fashion label Veronica Beard. The sisters-in-law design team will personally help pull together looks for your fashionista from their upcoming collection.
For the Chocolate Lover
7. Family Fun: Hands-on Candy-Making With Gourmet Chocolatiers in Their Studio ($650): There’s always that one friend who goes gaga over chocolate. If your friend is such a person, they’ll surely appreciate the opportunity to spend a few hours with private kitchen access at the acclaimed Woodhouse Chocolate in downtown St. Helena and making delicious works of edible art.
8. Hands-On Chocolate & Truffle Class ($110): If cake, pie and cookies aren’t enough for the chocolate lover in your life, let them try out this chocolate and truffle class. In this class, they’ll learn about the variety of chocolate bonbons, how to make the most of the ingredients it’s made from and how to perfect the filling.
9. Private Tour of SF’s Only Bean-to-Bar Chocolate Factory (Desserts Included) ($2,400): Led by its founder Todd Masonis, this chocolate factory tour includes tastings from Dandelion’s current collection, as well as an indulgent dessert sampling with pastry chef Lisa Vega, formerly of Gary Danko. At the end, your chocolate lover will leave with a gift bag full of delectable delights to remember this experience.
For the Animal Lover
10. Twilight Photography Expedition to Sonoma’s Serengeti ($2,400): Not many people can say they’ve explored a 400-acre preserve that is home to over 900 exotic mammals and birds and approximately 90 species. Now your animal-loving photographer friend can! In the Sonoma Serengeti, your friend will journey with an accomplished wildlife photographer who will teach them about the technical aspects of digital photography and help them capture once-in-a-lifetime images.
11. Life Aquatic Admission and Behind the Scenes Catwalk Tour of Aquarium by the Bay ($265): Guided by an aquarium naturalist, this behind-the-scenes tour of the exhibits will allow your marine lover to walk the catwalks that hang above the aquarium’s tanks, learn about the dive operations and day-to-day animal care. Once the tour ends, they’ll be free to explore the rest of the aquarium and its 20,000+ animals.
12. Pet Portrait by a Celebrated Fashion Illustrator ($285): This customized pet illustration is the gift the pet lover in your life never knew they needed until now. Surprise your doting pet owner pal with an original illustration of their best friend by talented New York fashion illustrator Brooke Hagel.
For the Sports Lover
13. Ultimate Bubble Soccer Party for 10 or More ($500): Turn any event this holiday into the ultimate get-together with giant bubble soccer balls. This gift doubles as an activity, making it the ideal experience for a party of 10 or more.
14. Private Surf Lessons With Matt Cole of University of Surfing ($300): Surf’s up this holiday for your surfing bud! No doubt they’d appreciate a private lesson with the owner and head instructor of University of Surfing, Matt Cole.
15. 1-Hour Shooting and Basketball Strategy Session With Former NBA Player Horace Grant ($325): Got a Bulls fan in your life? Surprise them with the *ultimate* gift, which includes a one-on-one shooting session and strategy discussion with former Chicago Bulls star Horace Grant.
For the Music Lover
16. Private Guitar Lesson With Robin Rossi ($75): Turn their dreams of playing the guitar into a reality with a private guitar lesson with Robin Rossi. In this customizable hour-long lesson they’ll learn the different types of guitars and styles of play, how to tune a guitar, guitar music theory, how to use GarageBand to record and track your progress and much more.
17. VIP Production, Recording, and Mixing Experience ($500): Would they rather bring their compositions to life in a studio? No problem. Surprise the music lover in your life with the chance to produce, record and mix their own masterpiece alongside exceptional music producer, Gareth Thomas.
18. Learn to Play or Sing a Song: Private In-Home Lesson With a Top Musical Talent ($100+): Beginners and seasoned musicians alike will enjoy this private in-home lesson that caters to one’s skill level and interests. Your musician will learn to master a simple composition or solo, and receive an evaluation and recommendation for further advancement.
Which of these amazing experiences will you get your friends and family? Follow us on Pinterest for more last-minute gift ideas!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Photos via IfOnly)
Pocket doors are so delightful in and of themselves. They appear when you need them, get tucked away when you don't, and make it easy to define rooms while keeping an open floor plan. Add to the pocket door a joyful patterned wallpaper surprise, and you will be sent right into fits of visual jubilation! Or something ;) Today we're sharing two simple and impactful pocket door makeovers that zhuzh up your space in a jiffy.
Anjelika Temple here, co-founder of Brit + Co and proud owner of several pocket doors! When I moved into my first real grown-up house a couple years ago, I knew I wanted to incorporate wallpaper so reached out to our friends at Chasing Paper to see how we might collaborate. It felt like a total lightbulb moment when I realized I could create a surprise pop of pattern on a couple sets of pocket doors.
Not only is it a whimsical way to bring color into a space, but the doors double as picture-perfect backdrops for all your SFH (selfies from home, obvs).
A few pro tips about install:
- Removable wallpaper is miraculously forgiving! You can take it on and off multiple times without it losing integrity (or mucking up your surface).
- I ordered this adhesive wallpaper installation kit with a squeegee and xacto knife and it worked super well. I also recommend a sharp pair of scissors for cutting longer lines.
- This is a two-person job! Get a friend, put on a playlist, and get ready to bond.
- Wild, organic patterns like Tally are great because it's challenging to spot any imperfections in pattern alignment; keep pattern choice in mind if you've got a lot of corners to match up. More geometric patterns and larger shapes leave less room for error (but are awesome in their own right!).
BATHROOM POCKET DOORS
In our primary bathroom, we chose the wallpaper pattern Tally, designed by Kelly Ventura, in White and Navy. In our space, the navy reads as a soft black, which is perfect for the space. It's easy to combine an ever-rotating collection of linens with the Tally pattern.
I love how the white trim becomes the perfect frame around this pocket door piece of art.
My favorite moment in this space is the fact that you actually get a third pop of pattern thanks to our serendipitously placed mirror!
And yes, this one works pretty darn well as a backdrop too ;)
LIVING ROOM DOUBLE DOORS
This set of doors is definitely a focal point of our home. It separates our living room from our primary bedroom which opens onto our backyard. The doors are pretty much always open, but when they're closed we wanted to evoke a fun, nature-inspired vibe. With that in mind, we selected the Lines and Moons pattern by Thimblepress in Green and Brown.
Earth mama vibes up in here! I love how the shapes and colors echo the ferns you see through the windows and the acorn wood details throughout the house.
Love this pattern moment, and xacto-ing out the door handle is def on the oddly satisfying DIY list.
For a pattern lover like me, I love that now I have this instant photo backdrop!
Thanks to Chasing Paper for providing these rolls of pure pattern amazingness. Head to chasingpaper.com to find our own favorites and start adding patterns to your home!
(Wallpaper wingwoman: Kayla Haykin; Photography: Kurt Andre)