20 Ways to Make Your Own Holiday Stockings
It’s a holiday frenzy over here at Brit + Co! We’re decorating trees, wrapping gifts, making cookies, and as of today, getting inspired by DIY stockings! The 20 ideas below are our top picks for beautiful and fun stockings you can create yourself. Which do you love most?
1) Helvetica Stockings: These are posted first because they are our absolute favorite of the bunch. Who doesn’t love a clean typeface like Helvetica? The pops of color are really fun, too. PS: Here are more ways to turn your house into a Helvetican home.
3. Quick Reindeer Stocking: Adore the sequined touch on top and the spark of light coming off of Rudolph’s nose.
4. Burlap: Rustic-meets-pretty has been quite a trend around wedding and party decor the past couple of years. These stockings totally follow suit.
6: Gingerbread Man Stocking: This one made us chuckle.
8. Pinecone Stocking: So simple and screams Christmas. The added texture of the pinecones and berries will for sure make heads turn.
9. Felt Floral Stocking: See? Felt CAN be pretty. It’s not just for kids’ crafts anymore.
10. Pattern Stocking: This is our pick for all of the architects, designers and mathematicians out there.
11. Purl Stocking: This one looks like it could actually be used beyond the mantle. We’d totally rock those stockings as thick socks under our winter boots.
12. His and Her Stocking: The bow is for Her, in case you were wondering. Glad we cleared that up for you.
13. Mary Jane Stocking: This one is incredibly non-traditional, but we love it. How fun would it be to create different shoes to represent the style and personality of each member of the family?
15. Christmas Tree Stocking: Great way to have the kids help create their own stockings. Have them trace and cut the trees before you stitch them on.
16. Sweater Stocking: Another sweater stocking, but this one includes a touch of felt and a nice green liner.
17. Elf Stocking: We love the mix of patterns and the cute pointy toes. Buddy the Elf would approve.
18. Bathmat Stocking: Who knew you could turn a bathmat into a stocking? (And as much as we love repurposing, we recommend buying new bathmats for this one. There are probably great mats on sale at Amazon or at your local Target or Wal-Mart.)
19. Felt Polka Dot Stocking: Color, color and more color! We give this two thumbs up, especially with the matching garland.
20. Glitter Letter Stocking: These glitter letters make it incredibly easy to customize your stockings. Plus, they are glitter. And everyone loves glitter, right?
Have you ever made your own stockings? Or do you have any DIY stockings in mind for this year? We’d love to see them! Send us a link or pic in the comments below or shoot us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.