2016 Holiday Gift Trends We Still Want for Ourselves
The peak of the holidays may be over and done with, but there’s always a gift you still need to give away (that you just might also want to pocket for yourself). If you’re one of those stragglers in need of some last-minute inspo to inspire your pal’s holiday gift, turn to the best holiday gift trends of 2016. Think: a pretty pom-pom keychain for your style savvy girl friend, polka dot nail decals for the beauty guru in your life and a modern, geometric trivet set for your master chef pal. Whatever your friends’ tastes, this list surely has something for each and every one of them. Scroll on for the top holiday gift trends of 2016!
1. Confetti-Inspired Accessories: Anything confetti is a win in our book. If your BFF agrees, get her this ban.do Confetti Bomb iPhone 6 Plus Case — Europop ($30) that’ll have her ready to par-tay all through 2017.
2. Flair Pins: Know someone who’s a fan of flair? Gift them this ban.do Flair Fantastic Bundle ($50) so they can give their favorite jean jacket or tote the *ultimate* makeover. Grab an extra set for yourself, or split them among yourselves for a hat tip to your friendship.
3. Nail Decals: Gone are the days of amateur nail art. Thanks to decals like this stylish set of ALFA.K Polka Dot Nail Decals ($14), your #nailgame has never been stronger. This one is perfect for a girls’ night in.
4. Llama-Inspired Goodies: Heart-eyed for these doe-eyed alpaca-lookalikes? Introduce your pal to one of the world’s most adorable animals with this Uncommon Goods Llamarama Large Zipper Pouch ($18) that’s both cute and convenient. If you’re getting one for yourself too, pack hers with her favorite cosmetics so she’ll always be prepared on the go.
5. Tasseled Accessories: These textured tokens shouldn’t be saved just for parties! They’re adorable hanging off of your tote or around your neck. Snatch up an Anthropologie Idiom Keychain ($24) for your bestie (and maybe yourself) ASAP!
6. Inflatables: Pool floats were all the rage this summer. And now that it’s wintertime, the trend lives on through inflatable accessories! Get one for each of your gal pals with this fun Urban Outfitters Inflatable Message Hearts Set ($24, set of six).
7. Marble Accessories: You can bet anything marbleized will be classy AF. Gift the classiest friend you know a stylish Poketo Marble iPhone 6S/6 Case ($45) to complete their sleek and chic aesthetic.
8. Photo Holders: With instant photo printers becoming more accessible, stylish new photo holders have hit the market. Take this Modcloth Twine After Time Photo Display ($18) for example. Its simple design is one nearly *everyone* can appreciate.
9. DIY Kits: Surprise the crafty cook in your life with only the *best* gift ever! This DIY Brooklyn Brew Shop Champagne Kit ($70) will let them whip up their own bottle of bubbly and impress their friends… all thanks to your thoughtful gift-giving ;)
10. Pom-Pom Accessories: Who knew these fuzzy balls of joy would make *so* many people happy? From blanket throws to dangling earrings, these cozy cuties just won’t quit. Bring a smile to your pom-pom-loving friend’s face with this Anthropologie Fur Pom Keychain ($18).
11. Sweet Treats: There’s nothing our foodie friends appreciate more than, well, food. Gift the sweets lover in your life this classy Dana’s Bakery Champagne & Strawberries Macaron Box ($31) for a pretty treat that tastes as good as it looks.
12. Copper Home Accessories: Gold won’t ever go out of style, but 2016 gift trends are all about that copper. Holiday hostess or cook extraordinaire, your friend will surely appreciate this elegant set of LEIF Shop Copper Kitchen Utensils ($8+). Now that you think about it, these would also look great in your kitchen…
13. #Girlboss Accessories: Girl power’s been on the rise and understandably so have #girlboss accessories. Give every proud feminist in your rank of pals this Chronicle Books Feminist Journal ($10), filled with inspiring quotes from feminists past and present!
14. Fairy Lights: This unique lighting option will make sure your BFF’s home is lit AF. Print out a set of your favorite photos to hang in a gallery along your friend’s dresser or above the desk, lit by these Urban Outfitters Firefly Clips String Lights ($20) for both your friend *and* yourself.
15. Agate Home Goods: Natural beauty meets luxe design in every individual Anthropologie Silvered Geode Coaster ($14). Trust us — the hostess-with-the-mostest in your life won’t be able to turn these babies down.
16. Health-Conscious Kitchen Goods: If your bestie’s garden is more *fruitful* than ever, help her preserve some of that nutritious bounty all year long. The Mortier Pilon Canning Kit ($49) is an at-home canning kit that goes right along with her resolution to be more self-sustaining.
17. Cinema Box Light: If you scroll through Pinterest for decor inspo, chances are you’ve come across one or more of these cinema light boxes. Perfect for lighting up a bedroom, office or even movie night with friends, the Urban Outfitters Cinema Box LED Light ($59) is a gift that keeps on giving.
18. Adult Coloring Pages: We can’t get enough of adult coloring pages. They’re therapeutic, cheap *and* fun. Share the coloring love by gifting someone this Pride and Prejudice: A Coloring Classic ($16).
19. Subscription Box Services: Choose from a variety of subscription box services to cater to the special someone in your life. Whether you’ve got a boho babe or a yogi in your life, give them the ultimate gift of relaxation and restoration with the Goddess Provisions Sacred Celebration Box ($39).
20. Spa Kits: With the hectic holidays done, it’s time to gift your holiday hostess a small moment of self care and indulgence. One option for helping heal their mind and body is the Fig & Moss Self Love Bath & Body Kit ($75), which promises to relax and restore all while reflecting pure plant ingredients.
21. DIYFruit, Veggie and Herb Kits: In line with the health-conscious trend, DIY fruit, veggie and herb kits make thoughtful gifts for those wanting to try a healthier 2017. Set your goals high with Sarah Burrows and Nick Behr Self-Watering Veggie Kit ($30) that’ll have you eating clean and fresh in the new year.
22. Chic Office Supplies: Acrylic and gold combine in this luxe office accessory. If you’re all about sprucing up your desk space, turn to supplies like this Kate Spade New York Flawless Office Stapler ($30) that make traditionally mundane objects into style statements.
23. Geometric-Inspired Home Goods: Upgrade your pre-existing decor with a few choice modern accents. Cue geometric-inspired home goods, like this Poketo Table Tiles Coaster/Trivet Set in Optic ($20).
24. Carry-on Kits: Be a thoughtful friend and slip your wanderlustful pal a Poketo Champagne Cocktail Kit ($26). It’ll make any layovers they come across a breeze.
25. Personalized Keepsakes: There’s just something about a personalized gift that makes you feel *extra* special. If you know someone who can relate, get them the What I Love About You by Me Book ($10), first filling each page’s fill-in-the-blank responses with heartfelt sentiments.
Which of these holiday gift trends have you seen this season? Follow us on Pinterest for more gift ideas and inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.