It’s Official: These Are the Hottest Decor Trends on Pinterest
If you’re rocking a small-space rental, Pinterest is no-doubt your go-to for decor solutions. As if we didn’t adore the site enough, they recently released their Home Work Report, which highlights some of the best home trends of 2017 — including loads of rental-friendly organization tidbits. So whether you’re rethinking your laundry room or trying to furnish an entryway that slays, you’ll stay ahead of the curve with these 20 trends. Happy pinning, ladies!
1. No Closet Closet: When your apartment comes with a zero closet clause, it’s time to get creative with your wardrobe. Luckily, DIY solutions and IKEA hacks abound. (via IKEA)
2. Sneaky Seasonal Storage: Give yourself some bonus closet space by utilizing unique, out-of-the-bedroom storage options. Think: woven baskets and vintage trunks that are easily disguised as fab decor. (via Target)
3. Accessories As Decor: Why hide that glam shoe or hat collection in the closet when you can show ’em off instead? After all, your heels are practically works of art. (via Style MBA)
4. Laundry Room Ideas: Doing laundry can be kind of a snooze fest, so it’s time to make it look a bit more appealing. This year is all about jazzing up the least cool room in the house. (via Vintage Revivals)
5. Entryway Styling: First impressions are key, which is why “entryway decor” is one of the top searches on Pinterest. Transform your hallway into a lovely room of its own with some pinned inspo. (via A Pair and a Spare)
6. At-the-Ready Linen Closets: It’s time to think beyond neatly folded towels when it comes to your linen closet. With a few dividers and suspended baskets, you can totally maximize that baby in a snap. (via Better Homes and Gardens)
7. Acrylic Makeup Storage: Clearly, your vanity needs some of these chic storage options, STAT. Just think: You’ll never have to dig for your favorite eyeliner again. (via Cliona Hill)
8. Under-the-Sink Bathroom Storage: Okay, so this one’s not as glam as that mermaid toast you pinned, but bathroom cupboard storage units will make your life so. Much. Easier. (via Brit + Co)
9. Shower Plants: It was only a matter of time before the greenery trend moved from the balcony to the bathroom. It may sound odd, but since plants clean the air and eliminate bacteria, they’re ideal for a shower environment. Plus, you’ll never forget to water ’em! (via Domino)
10. Bathroom Wallpaper: Removable wallpaper is a renter’s savior — and a fab choice for a tiny-bathroom boost. Whether you’re covering up a cringe-worthy paint color or just trying out a new palette, your bathroom will be lookin’ classy AF. (via Wit & Delight)
11. Pantry Styling: Make like Khloe Kardashian and whip your pantry into shape with pretty functionality. Keep things fresh with DIY hand-lettered labels and adjustable shelving. (via The Creativity Exchange)
12. Vertical Bar Carts: If floor space is keeping you from living out your mixology dreams, these trending vertical bar carts might be the perf thing. Cheers to that! (via Brit + Co)
13. Composting 101: You don’t have to store a bucket of molding food scraps under the sink to be a total #greengoddess. Pinterest is full of composting tricks and techniques, like this nifty, self-composting trash bin. (via Zera)
14. Coffee Bar Command Center: See ya, paper to-do lists. It’s time for something a little more motivating. And nothing says go get ’em like a command center/coffee bar combo. (via Live Simply)
15. Cast Iron Cookware: Whether you’re wary of the health effects or you’re just tired of the peeling, non-stick pans are out and beautiful cast-iron cookware is so in. Plus, the durable babies will last you a lifetime. (via Camron)
16. Faux Finishes: Faux finishes, like stick-on subway tiles and fake marble countertops, mean those sleek looks are now available to apartment-dwellers. No DIY skills required. (via Our House)
17. Pink Accents: Call it millennial pink; call it power pink — whatever it is, it’s glorious and here to stay. From pink bathrooms to pink throw pillows and pink cookware, Pinterest is packed with trendy options. (via Dream Green DIY)
18. Cozy Is In: Hello, hygge! We were hoping you’d stick around for another year. Pinterest predicts cozy textures will continue to trend, with pinners leaning toward warmer tones and soft fabrics. (via Adore)
19. Round Mirrors: Quit being square! Round mirrors make any space — bathroom, hallway, living room — feel modern and updated. Not only do they look super cool, but they also help to brighten and open up a space. (via Architectural Digest)
20. Knob and Leg Swap-Outs: IKEA hacks are one of 2017’s hottest trends. Adding new legs or stylish knobs, like leather drawer pulls, is an easy way to give pieces a unique flair. (via House Tweaking)
Looking for more trends this season? Follow us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.