5 Foods to Add to Your Diet for a Toned Summer Bod
The days are getting longer and the sun is coming out. It’s time to get those bikinis ready, because summer is on its way! To prep for sunny summer days, Katrina and I have been adding five foods to our meals for extra health perks. These foods deliver a beautiful complexion, slim waistline, happy vibes, and a strong bod. We use all of these superfoods in our new Bikini Series Edition of the Tone It Up Nutrition Plan to get into the best shape ever for summer. The Edition has 50+ totally delish recipes using nothing but the best ingredients. Add these five into your daily meals and snacks and you’ll look and feel incredible!
1. Pineapple: This slimming super fruit contains an enzyme called bromelin that helps reduce bloating. It’s also high in vitamin C, which promotes collagen production in your bod to give you a beautiful, glowing complexion!
Blend up THIS pineapple-packed smoothie bowl!
2. Kale: It’s no secret that we’re obsessed with kale! Just one cup of kale has enough vitamin C for your entire day! It also contains potassium, which helps ease sore muscles after your morning workout.
Try our Beautiful Buddha Bowl recipe featured from the Bikini Series Edition HERE!
3. Cauliflower: We’ve started adding cauliflower to our morning smoothies for that creamy, decadent texture. And guess what? You don’t even taste the cauliflower! If you’re not a fan of bananas, it’s a great swap. Plus, your smoothies will be lower in sugar, which will stabilize blood sugar levels and keep you from crashing later in the day.
Try THIS Mango Cauliflower smoothie! It’s so delicious!
4. Avocado: This fruit (yup, fruit!) contains vitamin E, which is an antioxidant powerhouse. It helps keep your skin bright and smooth all summer long. The healthy fats also stimulate your body to produce the hormone CCK, which keeps you satisfied longer.
Try THIS avocado lime pudding on a warm summer evening!
5. Matcha: Matcha is a type of green tea that increases metabolism and boosts fat burning. It also contains the amino acid L-Theanine, which has been found to decrease stress and anxiety. You can easily create your own matcha latte like a coffee shop pro by whisking one teaspoon matcha powder with one cup steamed unsweetened almond milk.
Join the Bikini Series and get into the BEST shape of your life this summer! Sign up HERE and you’ll instantly receive your Free Starter Pack with nutrition tips, fitness advice, and tons of motivation. You’ll have the entire #TIUteam behind you every step of the way, cheering you on to reach your fitness goals!
(Photos via Tone It Up)