5 Healthy and Cozy Spices You’ll Fall For
It’s time for comfy sweaters, changing leaves, and delicious fall flavors! We love cooking with lots of sweet and savory spices this team of year. They can change up the taste of any dish while keeping it healthy.
That’s why we incorporated plenty of spice into our Tone It Up 21 Fall Challenge! It’s 21 days of daily toning workouts, nutrition challenges, and tons of motivation and support from the Tone It Up community. Join us HERE!
And check out our fave fall flavors to spice up your life!
1. Cinnamon: We stock up on cinnamon to add to chili, sweet potato dishes, and baked treats. Research shows that cinnamon helps move glucose into cells, meaning it keeps your blood sugar levels within a healthy range.
These Cinnamon Date Muffins are so delicious.
2. Cayenne: Cayenne is packed with the compound capsaicin, which raises your internal temperature and boosts your metabolism.
We always start our day with a cayenne and ginger shot. And try making your own spicy fajitas HERE!
3. Nutmeg: This fragrant spice is loaded with vitamins and minerals that help sharpen your brain, boost your digestive system, and give you glowing skin. It’s also high in eugenol, a phytochemical that has been shown to help your body burn fat.
Ground nutmeg is perfect in a Chai Latte.
4. Turmeric: Studies show that turmeric’s active compound, curcumin, helps reduce inflammation in your body, relieve stress, and boost your brain power. Bonus tip: A compound in ground black pepper called piperine increases absorption of curcumin in your bod by up to 2,000 percent, so pair them up.
Try our Turmeric Golden Milk Latte!
5. Ginger: We love ginger for its incredible anti-inflammatory properties. Ginger also helps keep your digestive system healthy and soothes your stomach.
Bake it into your cookies this holiday season.
Join us for the Tone It Up 21 Challenge to have your healthiest, happiest, and fittest fall ever! Sign up HERE and you’ll immediately receive your Free Starter Pack with everything you need to know about the challenge, plus some of our favorite fall recipes.
(Photos via Tone It Up)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)