It’s time for comfy sweaters, changing leaves, and delicious fall flavors! We love cooking with lots of sweet and savory spices this team of year. They can change up the taste of any dish while keeping it healthy.
That’s why we incorporated plenty of spice into our Tone It Up 21 Fall Challenge! It’s 21 days of daily toning workouts, nutrition challenges, and tons of motivation and support from the Tone It Up community. Join us HERE!
And check out our fave fall flavors to spice up your life!
1. Cinnamon: We stock up on cinnamon to add to chili, sweet potato dishes, and baked treats. Research shows that cinnamon helps move glucose into cells, meaning it keeps your blood sugar levels within a healthy range.
These Cinnamon Date Muffins are so delicious.
2. Cayenne: Cayenne is packed with the compound capsaicin, which raises your internal temperature and boosts your metabolism.
We always start our day with a cayenne and ginger shot. And try making your own spicy fajitas HERE!
3. Nutmeg: This fragrant spice is loaded with vitamins and minerals that help sharpen your brain, boost your digestive system, and give you glowing skin. It’s also high in eugenol, a phytochemical that has been shown to help your body burn fat.
Ground nutmeg is perfect in a Chai Latte.
4. Turmeric: Studies show that turmeric’s active compound, curcumin, helps reduce inflammation in your body, relieve stress, and boost your brain power. Bonus tip: A compound in ground black pepper called piperine increases absorption of curcumin in your bod by up to 2,000 percent, so pair them up.
Try our Turmeric Golden Milk Latte!
5. Ginger: We love ginger for its incredible anti-inflammatory properties. Ginger also helps keep your digestive system healthy and soothes your stomach.
Bake it into your cookies this holiday season.
Join us for the Tone It Up 21 Challenge to have your healthiest, happiest, and fittest fall ever! Sign up HERE and you’ll immediately receive your Free Starter Pack with everything you need to know about the challenge, plus some of our favorite fall recipes.
(Photos via Tone It Up)