5 Pillows to Beat Pregnancy Insomnia
The third trimester can be rough for getting even six hours of sleep a night, let alone your best sleep ever. That baby bump you love to style when you’re out and about is a lot harder to get comfortable with in bed. But fear not! Help is available, and it’s not that complicated. The best way to get your sleeping groove back is to change up your pillow.
1. Boppy Pregnancy Wedge ($16): The least expensive of the bunch, it’s the most compact and portable too! This wedge pillow is versatile and easy for tired moms-to-be to use. Just stick it under your belly when lying on your side, behind your back when sitting or between your knees when lying down for a little extra support and comfort.
2. Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow ($50): The Snoogle is a big, C-shaped pillow that can curl around your body from your knees to your head. It’s kind of like getting a big supportive hug that lasts all night. The noodle-like pillow can roll up to be a back support when you’re sitting up in bed or pull double duty as a breastfeeding support pillow once the baby arrives.
3. Boppy Custom-Fit Total Body Pregnancy Pillow ($55): This three-piece set is the ultimate pick for customized maternity sleep support. You can maneuver the sections of the funky-looking pillow to get head and neck support, belly and back support or hip, leg and ankle support. You pick what is bothering you, and the pillow makes it better.
4. Leachco Back ‘N Belly Chic Contoured Pregnancy Support Pillow ($100): For some women, a single curling pillow is not enough support, especially if you’re taller. This pillow has front and back support that works from every angle. Just snuggle up, give it a hug and fall into a deep night’s sleep.
5. Today’s Mom Oggi Elevation Complete Body Positioning System ($250): If snoring, heartburn or all-over discomfort are to blame for wrecking your z’s, try this elevated maternity pillow. It’s definitely on the bigger side, so get ready to take up some mattress real estate with this bad boy.
What maternity pillow worked best for you? Tweet your faves @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Featured photo via Leachco)