6 Simple Summer Beauty Trends We Spotted at Governors Ball 2016
Governor’s Ball might have been cancelled Sunday due to the threat of thunderstorms, but in the two days it was there, it was a blast. We saw the street style, we scoped out the food and now we’re checking out some of the beauty and hair trends on the ground. These looks are perfect for 2016 summer, so check ’em out!
1. Surprising Lip Colors: A bright, bold lip is a total head-turner and shockingly flattering too. This festival goer kept her makeup simple save for a very unexpected bold turquoise lip.
2. Gradient Cat Eye: This attendee told us she had no idea how to do her makeup and just started creating this gradient cat eye out of cream shadow on a whim. The final effect is dramatically cool. We also love how it offsets her silvery blonde locks.
3. Rainbow Lips: This Gov Ball attendee’s rainbow lip was totally on-trend and festival ready. Rather than use lipstick to make it happen, she achieved her look using highly-pigmented eyeshadow. Pro-tip: To get the pigment to stick, try setting down a base on your lips with either primer or, in her case, concealer.
4. Non-Touring + Matte Wine Lips: Contouring was so 2015. This reveler used just highlighter on the high points of her face (think bridge of nose, cheekbones, chin and forehead) and finished her festival look with matte wine color lips. So pretty.
5. All Gold Everything: This gal channeled some serious Cleopatra with gold shadow + matching gold lips. She used a gold loose pigment on her lids and finished her eyes with a few coats of mascara. For her lips, she used the same pigment + some lip balm. That’s certainly a clever trick for creating your own lipstick!
6. Bedazzled Faces: There’s nothing that screams music festival more than decking out your glam with some gemstones. You can purchase these adhesive-backed rhinestones from all over the Internet (think Etsy) or beauty supply stores.
Will you try any of these beauty trends? Tweet us @BritandCo!
(Photos via Kimberly Wang/Brit + Co)
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!