6 Simple Summer Beauty Trends We Spotted at Governors Ball 2016
Governor’s Ball might have been cancelled Sunday due to the threat of thunderstorms, but in the two days it was there, it was a blast. We saw the street style, we scoped out the food and now we’re checking out some of the beauty and hair trends on the ground. These looks are perfect for 2016 summer, so check ’em out!
1. Surprising Lip Colors: A bright, bold lip is a total head-turner and shockingly flattering too. This festival goer kept her makeup simple save for a very unexpected bold turquoise lip.
2. Gradient Cat Eye: This attendee told us she had no idea how to do her makeup and just started creating this gradient cat eye out of cream shadow on a whim. The final effect is dramatically cool. We also love how it offsets her silvery blonde locks.
3. Rainbow Lips: This Gov Ball attendee’s rainbow lip was totally on-trend and festival ready. Rather than use lipstick to make it happen, she achieved her look using highly-pigmented eyeshadow. Pro-tip: To get the pigment to stick, try setting down a base on your lips with either primer or, in her case, concealer.
4. Non-Touring + Matte Wine Lips: Contouring was so 2015. This reveler used just highlighter on the high points of her face (think bridge of nose, cheekbones, chin and forehead) and finished her festival look with matte wine color lips. So pretty.
5. All Gold Everything: This gal channeled some serious Cleopatra with gold shadow + matching gold lips. She used a gold loose pigment on her lids and finished her eyes with a few coats of mascara. For her lips, she used the same pigment + some lip balm. That’s certainly a clever trick for creating your own lipstick!
6. Bedazzled Faces: There’s nothing that screams music festival more than decking out your glam with some gemstones. You can purchase these adhesive-backed rhinestones from all over the Internet (think Etsy) or beauty supply stores.
Will you try any of these beauty trends? Tweet us @BritandCo!
(Photos via Kimberly Wang/Brit + Co)
You can wear many hats running a business and sometimes some look better than others. Thanks to Office Depot, we're talking with Koyun Fan, co-founder of Sticky Rice Sisters, about finding inspiration along the way and staying organized on the road to success.