Once your toddler graduates from cruising to walking, a whole new world of baby gear appears. Suddenly baby-proofing your house becomes a very real necessity and baby shoes are no longer just a fashion statement — they’re a functional part of your little one’s wardrobe. To get your wobbly walker off on the right foot, here are eight great finds that combine fashion and function.
1. Stride Rite Soft Motion Artie Sneaker ($42): These little kicks have a super flexible sole and are a cinch to get on (and keep on) chubby little feet. The tongue pulls back to easily slide your toddler’s toes to the front, even if he’s wiggly.
2. Stride Rite Soft Motion Jazzy Sneaker ($42): These shiny shoes are not just worthy of a Stefani-style wardrobe, they are also designed with rounded edges to decrease the chances of your little one tripping and tumbling as she navigates her way around the playgroup.
3. See Kai Run Mason ($34): Keep your little man’s style fresh through the fall and winter with these adjustable and breathable mocs.
4. Pediped Lionel Originals® Red Patent ($45): Give your little girl style and function with shiny red patent leather, fur-lined details and a crazy practical design that is endorsed by the American Podiatric Medical Association for healthy foot development.
5. Robeez Everyday Ethan First Walker ($36): These soft-soled sneaks will transition from cruising to full-on walking without missing a beat. Designed with stretchy elastic at the ankle and durable leather soles, these shoes will go on without a struggle and will keep your little dude’s traction in check indoors and out.
6. Livie & Luca Ruche ($59): Available in a rainbow of colors, this sweet and ruffled shoe looks a bit dressy and acts like a sneaker. It’s flexible, durable and breathable enough to keep busy little feet cozy, cute and protected all day long.
7. Llamas Print Canvas Tiny Toms Canvas ($32): These patterned little Toms are available in big people sizes too! Seize the opportunity for a matchy-matchy fashion moment with these sweet and playful shoes. The velcro strap offers a good fit for wide or narrow feet while the flexible sole helps first-time walkers safely feel the ground beneath them.
8. See Kai Run Ada ($34): Pair these shiny and bright shoes with tights or let your little one wear them like sandals. Either way, she’ll be able to get her tiny foot comfy and cozy for playtime with the adjustable strap and cushioned and flexible insole.
How cute are these tiny shoes? Follow us on Pinterest for more parenting tips and baby fashion inspo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Featured photo via Getty)