The MVP trends for Spring 2018 may come from the runways, but that doesn’t mean you need a designer-level budget to score them for yourself. In fact, many of the upcoming must-haves are already available at your local mall, so rather than waiting to overhaul your look for the new year you can get started right now. From florals to fringe, the most important looks for the coming season are here for the taking, at prices you can afford. And lucky for you, we’ve shopped them out below. Scroll on to see why 2018 is already looking really good.
1. H&M Cashmere Sweater ($119): The quickest way to upgrade your style for spring? A plush pullover in lovely lilac shades. With ultra violet officially Pantone’s Color of the Year, we’re getting ready to see all types of purple reign.
2. Old Navy Sueded Classic Sneakers for Women ($27): Put your best foot forward this year by rocking sneakers in this of-the-moment hue.
3. Express Clear Heel Sandals ($80): Fall’s vinyl and patent mania have given way to a plastic and lucite craze for spring. (We told you the early 2000s were back.) We’re surprisingly here for the footwear version of the trend — and it’s leg-elongating effects.
4. Zara Vinyl Tote Bag ($56): Aside from stadium events with security checks, a clear handbag doesn’t sound all that practical. Luckily, Zara found an on-trend way around the issue with this unexpectedly chic tote-in-tote situation.
5. Ann Taylor Floral Ruffle Cuffed Shirtdress ($139): Florals will always be a thing for spring, and we are A-okay with that. One way to make the perennial pattern look fresh? Try a petal-printed dress layered over pants et voilà — instant update.
6. American Eagle Printed Mesh Overlay Top ($30): In addition to florals, the sheer thing is also very much happening for spring. Nail both trends at once with this blooming beauty.
7. Banana Republic Ombre Cupchain Fringe Earring ($48): Global and structural styles like tassels and ball drops are still going strong, but make no mistake: Rhinestones are gearing up for a serious comeback. Linear strands of sparkle with a slightly ’80s vibe should definitely have a spot reserved in your jewelry box this spring.
8. Forever 21 Rhinestone Chandelier Earrings ($9): Get your Dynasty on in a shimmering set of ear candy. Shine on, you crazy rhinestone.
9. Gap Denim Trench Coat ($100): As classic and American as it gets, denim is a fabric we just couldn’t (and shouldn’t, TBH) live without. This season, frayed edges and distressing are giving way to sleeker styles in dark rinsed washes, which means more work-appropriate indigo than ever in everything from polished trenches to high-rise crops. Yes, please.
10. Loft Curvy Straight Leg Jeans ($70): Long live dark denim! Wear these bad boys with socks and heels (or sock boots) now, then pair them with sandals for warmer weather.
11. Zara Fringed Dress ($40): It may feel like the showgirl’s trend of choice, but swingy, silky fringe is ready to make its way into the everyday this spring. A semi-casual interpretation in the form of a t-shirt dress just may have you convinced.
12. H&M Calf-length Sequined Skirt ($70): Sequins and fringe? Why the heck not? Expert tip: Keep your outfit monochromatic and covered up for a more low-key look.
Shine for DayS
13. Abercrombie & Fitch Sequin Slip Dress ($78): Speaking of low-key sequins, this spring is all about getting some extra life out of your shiny party pieces. Simple shapes like this slip dress in more subdued tones pair well with casual items like denim, knits, and army jackets for a dressed up/dressed down balance.
14. Tretorn Camden5 ($85): Nothing says daytime sparkle like a pair of glittery sneakers. For when you’re feeling sporty but still fancy, American Eagle has these shimmery beauties on offer now.
15. Banana Republic x Olivia Palermo Asymmetrical Trench Coat ($228): A closet staple like a trench goes from somewhat boring to super badass with just a few tweaks this season. From unexpected fabrications to slightly offbeat constructions, as per this Banana Republic x Olivia Palermo style, the Spring 2018 trench coat is taking toppers to the next level.
16. Mango Flared Sleeve Trench ($100): Bell sleeves and an oversized silhouette make this trench more cool than classic. Updated outerwear for the win.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.