13 Anthropologie Hacks from the New Spring 2016 Collection
Punxsutawney Phil has spoken, and spring is *finally* on its way. Buh bye, #blizzardlife! That means it’s time to start obsessing over — and planning how to hack — all the latest Spring 2016 home decor collections. We’ve shown you the latest IKEA hacks and even a few Target hacks, but now we’re here to dish the best spring hacks for our fave (and often over-budget) store: Anthropologie. This collection is full of bold colors, bright patterns and plenty of metallics — *and* it’ll have you ready to redecorate your entire home with boho, spring-y decor. Instead of dropping a fortune, use these last weeks of winter to DIY a few Anthro hacks that will brighten up your home. Check out the 13 totally hack-worthy pieces below.
1. DIY Abstract Art: #Realtalk here: Your kids could probably help make this abstract art, and it would be way more fun than shelling out for Anthro’s Blush Wall Art ($3,598). Eek. Grab a big canvas, an armful of acrylic paint and splatter, dab and blot till you get the perfect look. (via Sarah Hearts)
2. DIY Painted Bottles: If you’re of the firm belief that a new vase shouldn’t cost more than a few dollars, pick up some spray paint or washi tape and replicate Anthro’s striped Milos Vase ($12+) in just a few minutes. (via Homey Oh My!)
3. DIY Reupholstered Chair: The coolest thing about Anthropologie’s Terai Chair ($198) is its colorful cushion. Head to a thrift store or grab some chairs you already have, and give them a spring makeover with bright new upholstery and a fresh coat of paint. (via Brit + Co)
4. DIY Tissue Paper Furniture: When one pop of color isn’t enough, use Anthro’s Avian Tasmin Dining Chair ($108) as inspiration to seriously brighten up your space. Whether you decide to go with the bird motif or not, all you need is tissue paper to make over your entire dining room chair setup. (via Brit + Co)
5. DIY Copper Paper Towel Holder: Mount this DIY holder under your cabinets, and get those paper towels off your valuable counter space. This DIY copper holder is totally winning in our book, but if you prefer the look of Anthro’s Black Walnut Paper Towel Holder ($98), you could always use silver pipe instead. (via Squirrelly Minds)
6. DIY Painted Tray: If there’s one style tip we’ve learned from Instagram, it’s that you can never have too many trays. Hack Anthro’s colorful Merida Tray ($78) by making your own painted breakfast tray, and get ready for tons of double-taps. (via Brit + Co)
7. DIY Banana Leaf Nightstand: The urban jungle trend is still going strong, and while Anthro’s Liri Leaf Nightstand ($698+) takes a more gilded route, we’re partial to the bright green contact paper option. Sorry, Anthro, we’re heading to IKEA for this one. (via A Beautiful Mess)
8. DIY Wood Burned Cutting Board: Trust us, once you start playing around with wood burning, you won’t have a plain cutting board ever again. From treasure maps to simple dots, you can duplicate Anthro’s Falling Stars Cutting Board ($68) with the right tools and a steady hand. (via Brit + Co)
9. DIY Copper Pipe Side Table: You, yes you, can make a sturdy table that rivals Anthropologie’s Leavenworth Marble Side Table ($348). It’s all a matter of gluing and stacking. If you really love the marble top of the Anthro version, just pull out the contact paper. (via Brit + Co)
10. DIY Faux Fur Stool: Everyone should have a little faux fur in their life, but you definitely should wait before splurging on Anthro’s Luxe Fur Stool ($348) when you can DIY a version that’s just as cute. Grab some faux fur and an inexpensive stool, and you’ll be rocking those cozy vibes in no time. (via A Beautiful Mess)
11. DIY Painted Chair Makeover: Okay, maybe painting an entire owl scene is a bit ambitious, but you can still hack the charm of Anthro’s Treescape Dorrance Chair ($998) with some fabric paint. Instead of the owl, paint squiggles and dots to totally makeover a neutral chair. (via Sugar & Cloth)
12. DIY Color Blocked Chair: Bring some simple IKEA chairs to Anthro’s level with this easy hack. Color block the top of the chair with a springtime pastel, or copy Anthro’s Tamsin Dining Chair ($108) pattern and paint black and white stripes. (via A Joyful Riot)
Are you inspired to tackle any of these hacks? Follow us on Pinterest for more colorful home decor inspo.