13 Ways You Never Thought to Eat an Avocado
When the first human picked up an avocado, we guarantee that person just said, “rock,” and then threw it on the ground. Thankfully, some smarty-pants ancestor realized that ugly black rock was a delightful, nutrient-packed fruit, or we’d never have experienced that thrill of cutting one open: Did I let it ripen too long? Will it be 90% pit? Will it be so, so, SO awesome on top of those nachos? Let’s find out.
1. Dark Chocolate Avocado Mousse With Coconut Caramelized Bananas: Yeah, um, we just can’t. Get that little cup of wizardry here now. (via Half Baked Harvest)
2. Baked Eggs in Avocado: You are just 20 minutes away from an edible little breakfast bowl that’s fancy enough to serve to guests but simple enough to eat three times daily when the only thing in your kitchen is eggs and avocados. (via FitSugar)
10. Poppyseed Avocado Cake: As a rule, cake is pretty much butter-centric. However, this effective hack replaces the butter with avocado (in both the cake and icing) without skipping a beat. The pretty pastel green color is a bonus! (via Food Me Over)
11. Shrimp Avocado Salad: No need to wait until the snow melts to enjoy this simple and versatile summer dish. Throw it on a bed of greens, chop it up finely for a seafood salsa or spoon onto crostini for a party app. (via Add a Pinch)
13. Avocado Toast: Not so much a recipe as it is the BEST SNACK IN THE LAND. Don’t overthink it, guys. Just sprinkle on the sea salt, black pepper and crushed red pepper, and eat that shizz up. (via Apples and Onions)
How are you eating this delicious little rock? Let us know in the comments!