Arie Luyendyk Jr.’s season of The Bachelor kicked off last night with 29 ladies vying for his heart on the premiere. And to celebrate the occasion, he created a Spotify playlist that represents his journey to find love.
From the heartbreak he suffered during Emily Maynard‘s season of The Bachelorette to the breakup that reportedly “blindsided” his ex-girlfriend before he became the new Bachelor, Luyendyk’s quest for The One hasn’t exactly been smooth sailing. We don’t know yet what his latest stint with the franchise has in store, but judging by this playlist — which includes songs such as Ed Sheeran’s “Give Me Love” and John Mayer’s “Slow Dancing in a Burning Room” — we think it’ll be an emotional one.
Check out his full Bachelor soundtrack below. What do you think these songs mean?
1. Sure Thing – Miguel, All I Want Is You
2. LOVE Feat. ZACARI – Kendrick Lamar, DAMN
3. Perfect Duet – Ed Sheeran & Beyonce
4. Love – Lana Del Rey, Lust For Life
5. No Diggity – Chet Faker, Thinking in Textures
6. Leave a Light On – Tom Walker, Leave a Light On
7. Let Me Touch Your Fire – Arizona, Let Me Touch Your Fire
8. Unforgettable – French Montana ft. Swae Lee, Jungle Rules
9. Meant to Be (feat. Florida Georgia Line) – Bebe Rexha ft. Florida Georgia Line, All Your Fault: Pt. 2
10. Stand Tall – SIAS, Stand Tall
11. Cold Little Heart (Radio Edit) – Michael Kiwanuka, Cold Little Heart
12. Touch – MAALA, MAALA
13. Drop The Game – Flume & Chet Faker, Lockjaw
14. Feel It Still (Ofenbach Remix) – Portugal. The Man
15. Often (Kygo Remix) – The Weeknd
16. Lust For Life (with The Weeknd) – Lana Del Rey ft. The Weeknd, Lust For Life
17. Desperado – Rihanna, ANTI
18. Groupie Love (feat. A$AP Rocky) – Lana Del Rey ft. A$AP Rocky, Lust For Life
19. Give Me Love – Ed Sheeran
20. Slow Dancing in a Burning Room – John Mayer, Continuum
21. Springsteen – Eric Church, Chief
22. Good Directions – Billy Currington, Best Of
23. Something Like That – Tim McGraw, Number One Hits
What songs would be on a playlist about your journey to find love? Let us know @BritandCo!
(photo via ABC/Paul Hebert)