10 Must-Have Phone Accessories With Serious Style
Modern-day technology is truly amazing. There are apps to help you become a better driver, devices for perfecting your bartending skills and new smartphone upgrades coming out faster than you can blink. With our phones, laptops + wearables always on hand, it only makes sense that we’d want them to look as good as our outfits do. We’re sharing 10 tech-ccessories to help you achieve all your gadget style goals.
1. Boss iPhone Case by WhitV ($30): Protect your phone in true #girlboss style with this slim fit case.
2. Wide Angle/Macro Lens ($20): If you’re always snapping pics with your phone, this wide angle + macro lens attachment is a total must-have. Take your Insta pics to the next level and surprise everyone with your professional-looking pics.
3. Sushi iPhone Case by Kristin Nohe ($30): Foodies: This is your perfect phone case. Just try not to drool on it when you’re ogling the sushi ;)
4. Florabunda Mobile Charger ($30): This handy dandy little device will keep your smartphone charged up on the go. How’s that for flower power?
5. Smartphone Projector ($27): Use this vintage-style projector to watch movies and viral videos with the whole crew — no more crowding around that tiny smartphone screen.
6. MacBook Sleeve: Painted Protea by Micklyn ($60): Keep the summer vibes alive all year long with this laptop sleeve.
7. Get Sh*t Done iPhone Case by Startup Genius ($30): Whether you’re a dreamer or go-getter, sometimes we all need a strongly worded reminder to get out there and DO IT!
8. Nebula Galaxy Apple Watch Band by Rex Lambo ($70): This space-print Apple Watch band is pretty outta this world, if we do say so ourselves.
9. Giant Gem Speaker ($40): Plug this little beauty into your smartphone or laptop and get the party jams bumpin’.
10. I Am Very Busy iPhone 6 Case ($26): Dress your iPhone in a case that’s guaranteed to ward off any unwanted chit-chatters. After all, you are VERY busy!
Which tech accessory on our list is your fave? Let us know in the comments.
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.