14 Savory Beetroot Dinner Recipes That Are So PRETTY on Your Plate
Beets are a genuine superfood, often included in juice cleanses. That’s because the dark red vegetable has two properties that help detoxify the liver: betaine, which eliminates the toxins, and pectin, which clears them from the body so they don’t recirculate. Lucky for us, beets are not only healthy but tasty too. They’re delicious in salads and as spiralized noodles, and their natural sweetness makes them a surprise ingredient in many healthy desserts. Here are 14 beetroot recipes so beautiful, you’ll *def* want to pin them ALL for upcoming dinners.
2. Beetroot Gnocchi With Caper and Leek Gremolata: You’re looking at gnocchi that’s made with potatoes and potato flour, so it’s 100 percent gluten free. With the sweetness of beetroot offset by the saltiness of a caper gremolata, it’s so tasty you won’t be missing a thing. (via To Her Core)
3. Beet and Cumin Fritters: With potatoes, edamame, beets, and plenty of spices, these fried beet fritters are so satisfying. Bookmark this one for Meatless Mondays, and you won’t be disappointed. (via Peace & Parsnips / Blissful Basil)
4. Roast Beetroot Salad With Lentils, Fennel, and Blood Orange: This recipe pairs golden beets with blood-red orange segments for a sweet-citrusy note that really elevates plain lentils into something extra special. (via Delicious Everyday)
6. Warm Buckwheat and Beetroot Salad: Toasted buckwheat has a slightly nutty flavor that pairs well with sweet, earthy beets. Even though there’s *wheat* in the name, there’s none in buckwheat, making this buddha bowl gluten-free. (via Lazy Cat Kitchen)
7. Beet and Chickpea Pasta With Lemon Tahini Sauce: This pasta is tossed with chickpeas and drizzled with a zesty lemon tahini sauce. It’s a meal that, though light, manages to feel super indulgent. (via Dishing Up the Dirt)
8. Beetroot and Feta Tart: While beetroot is often paired with goat cheese, this one calls for salty feta that really brings out the sweetness in the veggies. It houses the ingredients in a homemade pastry shell, but you can jump-start yours with a store-bought pie crust and it will be just as delicious. (via Sugar et Al)
9. Beetroot Falafel Buddha Bowls: These bowls are a lifesaver on nights when you have to work late. Slightly sweet and packed with spices, the falafel keeps well in the freezer, so you can dole them out any time you need a quick, healthy, and satisfying dinner. (via Eat Love Eat)
10. Beet Pesto Pizza With Kale and Goat Cheese: Beets and goat cheese on pizza? You betcha. Something magical happens to goat cheese when it’s warmed in the oven, especially when it’s surrounded by a thick, flakey crust. (via Honest Cooking)
12. Beet and Goat Cheese Galette With Hazelnuts and Honey: This recipe uses up the whole beet — roots and greens. You’re doing Mother Nature proud, nature girl. (via The Vintage Mixer)
14. Pomegranate Balsamic Chicken Beet Goat Cheese Flatbread: This combo of goat cheese, beets, and blueberries is freakin’ amazeballs. Your tastebuds will be doing the happy dance! (via Fit Mitten Kitchen)
If you love discovering tasty veggie recipes, follow us on Pinterest for more.