Let’s be real for a second: Hitting up the salon every six weeks to touch up your roots can add up fast. So why not try it at home? We’re always up for a good DIY. These dyes are pro quality, so you don’t have to drop the big bucks on salon services. There are a ton of products on the market, but we’ve rounded up our faves for every look that you’re trying to achieve. Scroll through to see our favorite hair dyes to try at home.
1. Rita Hazan Root Concealer ($25): Use a temporary spray that will conceal gray roots in between colorings. The best part about this one is the pinpoint actuator that only sprays where you *really* need it.
2. Revlon Luxurious ColorSilk ($6): Looking to take your blonde hair to the next level? Use Revlon Luxurious ColorSilk for a color that will leave your locks brass-free.
3. Clairol Natural Instincts ($8): If you’re not ready to make a permanent change, go for a dye that only lasts a few weeks. This way you can switch up your look without the commitment. We’re loving Clairol’s color options and their price.
4. John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Color Glaze ($9): Add a hint of brown to your tresses using John Frieda’s Brilliant Brunette Color Glaze. Not only does it amp up your gorgeous brunette hair, but it also boosts shine. We’re totally sold.
6. L’Oreal Superior Preference Mousse Absolue ($15): Opt for a mousse if you want something super simple that will only take a few minutes.
7. Garnier Olia ($10): On the hunt for the perfect fire engine red? Gainer’s Olia permanent hair color is a must-try.
8. L’Oreal Multi-Tonal Color System ($14): Highlights at home can be quite the challenge, but L’Oreal’s Multi-Tonal Color System makes it way easy to achieve perfect highlights at home.
9. John Frieda Precision Foam ($12): If you’d rather skip the mess that comes with dyeing your hair at home, use John Frieda’s in-shower treatment for a fresh look that won’t stain your counters.
Which hair dye is your favorite? Talk to us in the comments.