Now that you’ve watched the VMAs AND the Emmy Awards in one whirlwind of a red carpet start to the week, we know that you’re all the more excited about all of your upcoming award-winning (sigh, or snubbed) series. But! Before you begin binge watching House of Cards and Mad Men for the fifth time, we’ve put together all those red carpet beauty looks that were calling your name last night. Rock these 12 red carpet, superstar-approved looks at night or during the day — or save them for your next party and get ready to turn some heads.
1. Natural Look: You can never go wrong with natural makeup done right, and Giuliana Rancic made this simple look a stand out. (via LuLu’s)
2. Blue Eyes: We love color, and Dascha Polanco was rockin’ the blue eye shadow last night. This pop of color was perfect with her muted dress and jewelry. (via Cosmopolitan)
3. Ruby Red Lips: Christina Hendrick’s red lips, red hair and red dress were spot-on. Try a matte lipstick for a fun and modern look! (via Brit + Co)
4. Sultry Smokey Eye: Wowza! Debra Messing’s sultry eyes aren’t for the weak of heart! Take this look out for a spin at your next fancy shindig! (via Cosmopolitan)
5. White Accent Liner: White eyeliner makes your eyes pop and gives the illusion of bigger peepers. January Jones nailed the accent liner, with a thin strip on her water line and a bit on her upper lid. (via Makeup.com)
6. Soft Pink Lips: We love this soft pink lip on Julia Roberts. Pair it with natural makeup to achieve a fresh look! (via Keiko Lynn)
7. Blue Smokey Eye: Kerry Washington’s blue-eyes-and-orange-dress combo was such a knockout! Get the blue smokey eye for an updated take on your go-to for going out! (via Babble)
8. Perfect Eyebrows: Are you an eyebrow expert? Eyebrows can totally transform a look, and we are loving Sarah Hyland’s full and noteworthy brows! (via Brit + Co)
9. Wraparound Eye Liner: Laura Prepon’s wraparound eyeliner is totally doable, and creates a bold and fierce look. (via Total Beauty)
10. Cat Eyes: You can’t go wrong with a cat eye, and we loved Michelle Dockery’s refined take on the everyday look. How Downton Abbey of her. (via Cosmopolitan)
11. Subtle Smokey Eye: Kata Mara was rocking the subtle smokey eye for a bold yet polished look, perfect for the investigative journalist in all of us. (via Makeup By Tiffany)
12. Shades of Grey: Lizzy Caplan’s shades of grey shadow was one of our favorite looks of the night. This nighttime eye is such a standout when paired with your go-to party dress and statement necklace! (via Keiko Lynn)
Which of these looks will you wear next? Tell us in the comments below!