Nature lovers, rejoice: Camping season is officially here. The sun is shining, the temperatures are rising, and we’re starting to get that itch to head out into the great outdoors. But before you set out for the wilderness, be sure to pack everything you’ll need for a well-equipped excursion. Naturally, your fellow campers on Amazon have a ton of recommended products that will make your journey all the more enjoyable, so scroll on and get packing!
1. Coleman Sundome Four-Person Tent ($85): Every camper needs a good tent, but there are so many to choose from that you might not know where to begin. Never fear, this roomy option has you covered (literally); it fits four people and is easy to assemble.
2. MalloMe Camping Sleeping Bag ($50): Stay warm, but not *too* warm, while you’re gazing at the stars. A lightweight sleeping bag like this one will last you through most of the year, and it can even withstand some extreme weather conditions should you choose to stretch out camping season far into the fall.
3. SoundAsleep Dream Series Air Mattress ($120): Not all campers like to sleep on the cold, hard ground. For those who prefer some of the comforts of home, like an actual bed, an easy-to-inflate air mattress will ensure that you sleep soundly.
4. Trekology Ultralight Inflating Travel and Camping Pillows ($15): At the end of a long day of hiking, you don’t want to toss and turn. Get the rest you need with a pillow that, when deflated, folds down to a size that’s smaller than a soda can — so you can even carry it in your pocket if you need to snag some zzz’s when you’re on the go.
5. Coleman Oversized Quad Chair with Cooler ($13+): Sitting around the fire is extra-relaxing when you have your favorite chair. Just unfold it, sit back, and watch those marshmallows roast.
6. Outlander Packable Handy Lightweight Travel Hiking Backpack ($17+): Keep things light and easy on your next hike. This foldable backpack won’t add a ton of weight, and it is water-resistant and has multiple compartments including those specifically designed to fit a water bottle and an umbrella, so you’ll be prepared for anything the day (and weather) brings.
7. RainLeaf Microfiber Towel ($9+): Is there anything worse than trying to dry off with a soggy towel? This must-have solves that problem so you can enjoy that dip in the lake without feeling damp for the rest of your trip.
8. Frogg Toggs The Original Chilly Pad Cooling Towel ($18): Where you’re going, there’s no AC. Just soak this miraculous invention in water and wring it out to activate a cooling sensation that you’ll definitely appreciate on those sweltering days.
9. MalloMe LED Camping Lantern ($80): Telling spooky ghost stories at night? Light one of these classic-looking LED lanterns for all the right ambiance.
10. J5 Tactical V1-PRO Flashlight ($12): It’s small, but it’s also mighty. This tiny flashlight is a favorite amongst camping enthusiasts for its reliability and durability.
11. Image Portable LED Camping Lantern With Ceiling Fan ($18): Hot, dark summer nights don’t stand a chance against a lantern equipped with its own fan. You can clip it to your tent’s ceiling to stay cool all night long.
12. YETI Rambler 30 oz. Stainless Steel Vacuum Insulated Tumbler ($35): If you’re a camper who loves coffee, take it to-go in this rugged tumbler. Because it has a large 30-ounce capacity, you’ll be able to carry the equivalent of two grandes!
13. LifeStraw Personal Water Filter ($15): Lugging around water can be a real hassle, and not having enough can be downright dangerous, which is why this innovative straw is a real lifesaver. You can drink directly from natural water sources as it instantly filters that good ol’ H2O.
14. MalloMe Camping Cookware Mess Kit ($20+): This 10-piece cookware set has everything you need to whip up a quick and easy camping meal, including a nonstick pot, pan, bowls, spatula, cleaning sponge, and more. Best of all, everything is lightweight and packable into the included drawstring pouch.
15. Murphy’s Naturals Mosquito Sticks ($14 for 12 sticks): Make sure no unwanted guests show up on your trip with a natural, DEET-free insect repellent. These long-burning incense sticks are infused with citronella, lemongrass, and rosemary, so they’ll keep your campsite smelling nice and bug-free.
16. Aootek Upgraded First Aid Survival Kit ($49): Be prepared for anything that might happen in the great outdoors, no matter how big or small. This lightweight first aid kit is jam-packed with anything you would ever need for any situation — folding knife, compass, emergency whistle, tweezers, fishing lines and more.
What are your must-have summer camping products? Share them with us on Twitter @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.