With everyone finally coming out of their holiday hibernation, this was the week when it felt like celebs finally ditched their headbands and hair ties in favor of some more styled looks. Much of that was thanks to the People’s Choice Awards on Wednesday, but other celebs like America Ferrara and Miley Cyrus still totally amped up the glam away from the flashing cameras. Scroll on down to check out some of the best celebrity hair moments we spotted on Instagram this week.
1. Jessica Simpson: Jessica’s signature long, blonde locks got a fresh chop to a new shoulder length. While her hue looks the same, those several inches make a huge difference in her look. (Photo via @jessicasimpson)
2. America Ferrera: America Ferrera, star of the new comedy Superstore, proved that sometimes low-maintenance is best when she showed up to an NPR interview rocking natural curls. (Photo via @americaferrera)
4. Lucy Hale: In another PCA red carpet look, Lucy shared this silly snap after she deconstructed her crown braid. If there ever was a red carpet style that could set you up for perfect next-day hair, this one is definitely it. (Photo via @lucyhale)
5. Khloe Kardashian: Always one for some avante garde styling, Khloe dressed up her freshly chopped lob with a little bit of gel. Khloe’s famous hairstylist Jen Atkin shared this snap on her account, and you can bet we immediately screenshotted it to use as inspo for our next red carpet appearance ;) (Photo via @jenatkin)
6. Rita Ora: Marilyn? Is that you? The always-glam Rita Ora spruced up her bleach blonde locks this week for a photo shoot. Rita’s hair game is consistantly on point, but these sexy, tousled locks are taking things to a whole new level. (Photo via @ritaora)
7. Hailey Baldwin: Is Hailey dating J. Biebs or not?! We can’t tell you that for certain, but we can confirm that this celebrity socialite sure knows how to rock unexpected beach hair. Ditching the soft waves usually accompanied by a tanning sesh in the sand, Hailey instead opted for a slick and straight ‘do. (Photo via @haileybaldwin)
8. Miley Cyrus: While we’re used to seeing Miley in… interesting looks to say the least, the sleek bob she sported the last couple weeks was definitely unexpected. It looks great on her, though, and shows off her highlights nicely. (Photo via @mileycyrus)
9. Lea Michele: Lea Michele’s super slicked-back bun allowed her unexpected drugstore makeup look to be in the spotlight at the People’s Choice Awards. While we’ve seen lots of buns that have a more casual feel to them, Lea’s sleek ‘do was a game changer. (Photo via @msleamichele)
10. Keke Palmer: There’s so much going on here, we’re not totally sure where to start — and we’re not sure we want to. Keke’s badass red carpet look was basically a work of art, and we think we might just leave it at that. (Photo via @kekepalmer)
What was your favorite celeb hair look of the week? Share with us on Twitter @britandco.
Additional reporting by Beth Wischnia.