If being a teen in the 2000s taught us anything, it’s that bling is king. That’s probably the reason we can’t help but fall for every sequin-themed DIY project. But when it comes to our beauty philosophy, it’s less about rhinestones and more about glossed-out shine. As much love as texturized hair is getting these days, on that first day of freshly washed hair, we can’t help but crave a little glass-like sheen. Below, we’re giving you five products that bring the shine. Hit play on Fergie’s 2006 hit “Glamorous” and read on, because all of these picks are glossy, glossy.
1. Kenra Professional Shine Spray ($17): Loved by hairstylists and dubbed a “blowout in a bottle” by more than a few reviewers, this is a must-have. The key is the nozzle which emits a superfine mist of gloss-inducing oil. Apply to dry hair for glass-like shine and to tame frizz and flyaways.
2. Drybar The Chaser Shine Cream ($29): For amping up the shine while wet-styling hair, this dream cream is the one.
3. Nick Chavez Starlet Shine Spray ($19): If you have fine hair that can’t help but fall flat after a styling sesh, reach for this finishing spray. It’s incredibly light, so it boosts shine without weighing down your locks.
4. Garnier Fructis Style Sleek & Shine Brilliantine Shine Glossing Spray ($3): We love this option for a couple of reasons: One, it costs less than a latte, and two, it’s a lifesaver for humid weather. Top tip: Spray this on your hands and then run your hands through your hair, as opposed to spraying directly onto strands.
5. Yarok Feed Your Shine Hair Serum Drops ($26): Calling all girls with curls: This light-as-a-feather vegan formula not only nourishes and protects strands, but it also leaves them smooth and glossy.
Want more hair inspo? Check us out on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Featured photo via Garnier USA )