How to Score Your Shiniest Hair Yet (Without a Salon Trip)
If being a teen in the 2000s taught us anything, it’s that bling is king. That’s probably the reason we can’t help but fall for every sequin-themed DIY project. But when it comes to our beauty philosophy, it’s less about rhinestones and more about glossed-out shine. As much love as texturized hair is getting these days, on that first day of freshly washed hair, we can’t help but crave a little glass-like sheen. Below, we’re giving you five products that bring the shine. Hit play on Fergie’s 2006 hit “Glamorous” and read on, because all of these picks are glossy, glossy.
1. Kenra Professional Shine Spray ($17): Loved by hairstylists and dubbed a “blowout in a bottle” by more than a few reviewers, this is a must-have. The key is the nozzle which emits a superfine mist of gloss-inducing oil. Apply to dry hair for glass-like shine and to tame frizz and flyaways.
2. Drybar The Chaser Shine Cream ($29): For amping up the shine while wet-styling hair, this dream cream is the one.
3. Nick Chavez Starlet Shine Spray ($19): If you have fine hair that can’t help but fall flat after a styling sesh, reach for this finishing spray. It’s incredibly light, so it boosts shine without weighing down your locks.
4. Garnier Fructis Style Sleek & Shine Brilliantine Shine Glossing Spray ($3): We love this option for a couple of reasons: One, it costs less than a latte, and two, it’s a lifesaver for humid weather. Top tip: Spray this on your hands and then run your hands through your hair, as opposed to spraying directly onto strands.
5. Yarok Feed Your Shine Hair Serum Drops ($26): Calling all girls with curls: This light-as-a-feather vegan formula not only nourishes and protects strands, but it also leaves them smooth and glossy.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)